Clan DoA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The "Counter" Game

+4
Stankey
PIB
DEATH.TO.ALL
bjchance
8 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

The "Counter" Game - Page 4 Empty Re: The "Counter" Game

Post  bjchance Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:25 pm

Used heros: (From left to right, left being orignal- right being counter, so on so forth)

Drow - Pudge
Tidehunter(Levi) - Enchantress
Naga Siren - Puck
Silencer - Omniknight
Medusa - Anti-Mage
Centaur Warchief - Axe
Pugna - Sniper
Queen Of Pain - Nerubian Assassin
Lich - Stealth Assassin
Treant Protector - Rhasta
Lina - Lion
Viper - Weaver
Spirtbreaker - Meepo
Earthshaker - Huskar
Lanaya(TA) - Slardar
Phantom Assassin - Zues
Pit Lord - Clinks
Ogre Magi - Naix
Ursa - Troll Warlord
Panda - Dragon Knight
Dazzle - Void
Lone Druid - Nessaj(Chaos Knight)
Obsidian Destroyer - Storm Spirit

Last edited by bjchance on Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:41 am; edited 4 times in total
bjchance
bjchance
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Stankey Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:14 pm

yeah but life steal gets more effective the more dmg u get and the more hp they have. Some other item you could get for 1800g doesnt? say if u got a mithril hammer instead. The reason i like life steal on heroes like him is it means you can stay in ur lane b/c of the heal u get, and u can farm neutrals without loosing heaps of health. meaning you can stay out longer farming up better items and getting more exp. you could get a preserverance for 1800 and then make into a bfury later. But that preserv wont healp u much in a 1v1 situation. Nor heal you as much vs neuts.

EDIT: btw thanks bj for the list. And yes i did mean life steal lol.
Stankey
Stankey
Chieftan

Back to top Go down

Post  DR Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:57 pm

In a 1v1 situation against lanaya, it would be not a good choice. As for general play, I actually prefer ganking or laning instead of neutralling, slardar with any hero with a supporting slow/stun would be capable for ganks. I"m also more a bottle person myself. I also think that the only time the lifesteal helps in lane is if you are taking damage, if there is an enemy hero in lane harassing you, lifesteal wont be enough to get it back, and if there isn't, you wont be taking damage. Where as if you went for your damage item instead, youll be able to kill your opponents easier, farm easier too. If you are going to spend endless ages farming neutrals, well yes get lifesteal, but I think going damage first, killing enemy heroes, then getting lifesteal later when you have a level, item advantage will help you out more (certain exceptions to heroes with 0 gank ability and just farm farm farm, or when it isnt good to do anything but neutral, but heh thats the game for you). Hmm I just also realised, there is a reason high level games tend to lack on lifesteal I should think Smile

And damn, I was going to counter slardar but bj beat me to it Razz.

O er... storm spirit supposed to be there somewhere? Razz But thank you for list anyway.

DR
Shaman

Back to top Go down

Post  bjchance Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:22 pm

Storm Spirit was not used.
bjchance
bjchance
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DR Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:30 pm

yes he was O_O. Argued for ages of Qop was a good counter for him Razz. Well, i was arguing agianst XD

DR
Shaman

Back to top Go down

Post  bjchance Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:44 am

DR wrote:yes he was O_O. Argued for ages of Qop was a good counter for him Razz. Well, i was arguing agianst XD

He was posted but he was never officially used, no one posted a counter for it therefore I did not put him on the list. NA was used to counter QoP
bjchance
bjchance
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Stankey Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:00 pm

Counter for PA, just to attempt to keep on topic lolz. PA's big let down is his low hp, zues obviously can abuse this. In a lane zues will own PA, the nuke just hurts him too much. Zues can kill PA pretty early in the game, and PA wont have a chance until late in te game, and by this point if you have prevented him farming like crazy you should be fine. Zapping away his health with your static % dmg and nukes. If you have BoT to keep you out of trouble (move speed wise, and tp out a potential gank). Once you get a guinsoo, PA is even more in trouble, he cant life steal or run while hes hexed, and you and 1 other could probably kill him in that time. Plus if he uses blink on a creep/team hero to escape you always have your ulti Very Happy
Stankey
Stankey
Chieftan

Back to top Go down

Post  bjchance Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:50 am

My personal counter for Zeus would have to be...Pit Lord. Pit Lord can use his lil fire move+stun+get off 3 attacks which will easily take Zeus down to half, if not more. Zeus just plain can't handle multiple waves of fire and would have to heal eventually if he didnt want to feed.
bjchance
bjchance
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DEATH.TO.ALL Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:14 pm

I was waiting for pitlord to come up Razz

I will counter pitlord with clinkz.
His high damage and fast attack/move speed allows him to escape the fire and catch up to pitlord. Death pact allows him to fight on low HP and trick the enemy to turn the tide of the battle.

DEATH.TO.ALL
Admin

https://clandoa.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Stankey Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:12 pm

Well my clinks counter is ogre magi. He doesnt beat clinks in a lane, but then clinks is a very good laner, cus he can harass without creeps attacking him. But if you want to make a clinks useless late game, hit him with a multi-stun + a ward/gem and he is toast. His health is so low he just can hardly carry on an attack after it, or hes normally dead before he can ulti or run.

Main thing is, ogre pops out from behind a tree and stuns clinks who is 1v1 someones in a lane and you and the other guy can sass him, before he knows whats happened. Throw in an anhims and a guinsoo, and u have mega mulits, plus a hex to give you more time to kill.

His ww, pop up behind you and kill you thing also cant be done vs ogre. u can stun and outrun with beserk, and if he chases with ww again, your stun cd is quick enough to stun again.
Stankey
Stankey
Chieftan

Back to top Go down

Post  Super_Boy Fri May 02, 2008 9:01 pm

A good counter for Ogre Magi I would say has would be Niax. With Niax first skill this would cancel Ogri Magi's slow move while being able to resist the the multicast for a part of the fight. With Ogre Magi basically getting a load of hp normally+ blue septre it means atleast the first half of any fight are in Niax favour. A hood with Niax would Negate the effects of Ogre getting too lucky.

Since Ogre Magi has got his second ability either Niax would need Sange & Yasha for a chance to kill Ogre Magi. In a 1v1 I doubt it would matter to much with Niax short cool downs if he has to kill Ogre Magi as he will have enough mana and hp before another fight happens.

Super_Boy
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post  DEATH.TO.ALL Fri May 02, 2008 9:39 pm

Open wounds and BoT is enough to catch up to ogre magi, naix is a good counter. My counter to naix is Fuzzy wuzzy. (ursa)
He can tank all the damage, If he gets butterfly naix has a chance to miss, Enrage = More damage, etc etc. Do i need to explain it? Razz Naix just wouldnt stand a chance unless he was really buff.

DEATH.TO.ALL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Super_Boy Fri May 02, 2008 10:44 pm

Ursa would beat Niax 1v1 but just out of curiousity does anyone know if Niax first ability stops the damage of Ursa's stacking damage and if after the magic immunity wears off if it has to start again or it has still built up during the magic immunity period.

Btw it would be very hard for Ursa to 1v1 kill niax simply because ursa has no way to stop niax getting away at all.

Super_Boy
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post  DEATH.TO.ALL Fri May 02, 2008 10:50 pm

Get SnY/Skadi/blink/lothars and BoT

DEATH.TO.ALL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Super_Boy Fri May 02, 2008 11:06 pm

Skadi works? Ursa's third skill counts as a Orb

Super_Boy
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post  DR Sat May 03, 2008 9:16 am

Skadi wouldn't work.

DR
Shaman

Back to top Go down

Post  DEATH.TO.ALL Sat May 03, 2008 10:55 am

Does if you dont get fury swipes.
But either way fuzzy would win.

DEATH.TO.ALL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  bjchance Sat May 03, 2008 12:48 pm

Ursa is a tough one to solo, but I think I'm going to have to go with....

Troll Warlord.

Blind easily can destroy ursa + rampage w/ bash can do some serious damage too.
bjchance
bjchance
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Super_Boy Sat May 03, 2008 2:20 pm

A good Counter for Troll I would think would be Panda(the drunk one), Troll relies on his successive hits to get the target stunned to ensure they can't get away. They both have a move to make the opponent miss but I do belive troll's is 40% and Panda's is 75% while Panda also has is passive dodge/crit. The problem with countering Troll with a disabler is that if Troll got his hands on a Lothars then even at mid game you can be perma stunned while Panda's passive ability stops this risk. Troll is also not exactly a fast character and with the 2 moves panda has he can easily chase down/get away from Troll and ofcorse there is always Panda's Ulti that combined with a Manta Style would Destroy Troll.

Super_Boy
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post  bjchance Sat May 03, 2008 5:02 pm

I agree with you on all aspects except troll outruns panda anyday. Rampage = escape
bjchance
bjchance
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DEATH.TO.ALL Sat May 03, 2008 5:05 pm

Blink/stomp/haze

DEATH.TO.ALL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  PIB Sat May 03, 2008 10:52 pm

DEATH.TO.ALL wrote:Blink/stomp/haze

Panda split - cyclone
PIB
PIB
Shaman

Back to top Go down

Post  bjchance Mon May 05, 2008 5:23 am

Stomp doesn't last long and haze wouldn't reduce his ms enough for panda to catch. Lvl 3 rampge w/ treads vs panda with BoT. Troll still escapes.
bjchance
bjchance
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Stankey Mon May 05, 2008 6:32 pm

troll is pretty fast yeah. He would need a s&y or something 2 slow him. Or someone else there 2 slow/disable.
Stankey
Stankey
Chieftan

Back to top Go down

Post  bjchance Tue May 06, 2008 12:27 pm

So we're countering panda atm, someone else do it I covered the last couple.
bjchance
bjchance
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next