Clan DoA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The "Counter" Game

+4
Stankey
PIB
DEATH.TO.ALL
bjchance
8 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

The "Counter" Game Empty The "Counter" Game

Post  bjchance Sat Mar 08, 2008 2:58 pm

This is more of a game actually. Here is how it works. The first person (which would be me) will post a hero and the person below has to post a counter and why its a counter. This basically goes on and on untill eventually we make it through every hero.
By the way to add a bit to it try not to use a hero more than once unless there is no other possible counter, and in the instance there no other counter you must post WHY your posted hero is the only counter.

So to start things off I'll post a hero:

Traex or Drow Ranger
bjchance
bjchance
Admin

Back to top Go down

The "Counter" Game Empty Re: The "Counter" Game

Post  DEATH.TO.ALL Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:56 pm

Pudge (the butcher)
rot + dismember dont let her go anywhere and if she can farm up a lothars then u can just dismember + rotwalk and if shes still going, HOOK

DEATH.TO.ALL
Admin

https://clandoa.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  bjchance Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:13 am

Tidehunter(leviathan)

Kraken shell is imba and gush can give you enough time to get away from rot.
bjchance
bjchance
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  PIB Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:45 pm

Possibly enchantress................stay out of range for ulti, slows, when hit back with gush slows him down again, then impentus spam
PIB
PIB
Shaman

Back to top Go down

Post  Stankey Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:01 pm

naga siren. may not lane the best against enchantress but not many do against a good harasser. But can image/net and own echantress a bit later on, as you can get close range and she wont know which one to attack. If enchant slows you and starts chasing, if your in trouble you always have ur ulti/tp or ulti/run. Or you can net and run.

One of the resasons i chose naga was because i am interested in hearing peoples counters for naga, as i had a game against a naga where we didnt have a counter hero, and just could do nothing, and couldnt kill due to nagas ulti. I thought of one possible one, think it would work alright, but could still go horribly wrong lolz. I may start a new thread about naga. But yeah, cmon, coutner me Very Happy.
Stankey
Stankey
Chieftan

Back to top Go down

Post  DEATH.TO.ALL Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:42 pm

Puck. Silence = no ulti, Phaseshift = No damage taken, Orb = AoE Nuke, Jump = no net, And with some good items she could rape up a nagasiren.

DEATH.TO.ALL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Stankey Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:00 pm

THIS POST IS NOT A COUNTER (just discussion from last counter)

yeah i forget about puck, i was thinking earthshaker, but if she doesnt end up dying from you + ur team mates once you go in for the gank, you could be in trouble. But as long as u ulti after she images u shud b ok, cus they will die. And if u stun, u can find the real one, then ur team can hex/target. but yeah carry on the game countering puck people.
Stankey
Stankey
Chieftan

Back to top Go down

Post  PIB Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:10 pm

possibly sliencer-
last word activates after pucks silences, last for longer too (i think).
now that puck is silenced, then maybe curse of the word, the ulti combined with silencers first skill. a puck that is silenced for 4 secs each time it casts a spell, could be good. Would jsut have to check if last word activates as puck uses orb, disabling the chance of using its tele to orb skill after......????thus disabling esacape idea or ganking in.
PIB
PIB
Shaman

Back to top Go down

Post  Stankey Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:02 pm

well you could still gank in because you are not next to silencer when you cast the orb, so you could still orb in and silence. For escaping when u cast the orb you would get silenced, then it depends if it wears of while you can still swap, not sure of how long it takes before you cant swap with orb anymore.

Otherwise i think it would work ok. It would stop him being able to silence and ulti at the same time.
Stankey
Stankey
Chieftan

Back to top Go down

Post  DR Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:12 pm

Last word wont go off if you animation cancel. Hence with everything except phase shift you could probably avoid last word effect. Also if silencer is silenced last word shouldn't work Razz.

We can only say one counter aye? Or else it'd be unfair Razz. omni knight.
Repel means omni knight wont die (in fact puck can do crap all to him, seriously Razz). And while puck can use orb to escape, end of the line he (well it) will lose. (1v1) situation. I play necro book omni knight btw (well last time i did anyway).

Btw, isn't a huge bonus of enchantress her heal? Plus her ulti means almost impossible for tide to kill her. (Spell damage is healed back by heal, and when physical damage isn't an option...)

DR
Shaman

Back to top Go down

Post  Stankey Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:43 pm

um you are meant to be countering silencer i think, not puck.
Stankey
Stankey
Chieftan

Back to top Go down

Post  PIB Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:11 am

So are we countering puck/omni or silencer?
PIB
PIB
Shaman

Back to top Go down

Post  DR Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:15 am

Bah, he just said possibly Razz, and nothing against you, but silencer is bad counter against puck for reasons stated above. But against silencer, I'll say...

omni knight. Hahahahaa, silencer has nothing on repel. Repel stops his glaives, no glaives means silencer loses about 75% of his power Razz.

And curse you PIB, you posted as I was writing! what are you doing online at this time O_o.

We are countering omniknight Razz

DR
Shaman

Back to top Go down

Post  PIB Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:42 am

lol giving my self a break from data entry. Hmm a counter to omniknight.....
PIB
PIB
Shaman

Back to top Go down

Post  DEATH.TO.ALL Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:42 pm

DR wrote:Bah, he just said possibly Razz, and nothing against you, but silencer is bad counter against puck for reasons stated above. But against silencer, I'll say...

omni knight. Hahahahaa, silencer has nothing on repel. Repel stops his glaives, no glaives means silencer loses about 75% of his power Razz.

And curse you PIB, you posted as I was writing! what are you doing online at this time O_o.

We are countering omniknight Razz

Yeah silencer sucks against puck.
@omniknight

MEDUSA
Purge takes off repel and guardian angel.
Any items will do, skadi especially. Manasheild just prevents him from hurting you. Purge has a 12 sec CD
GG OMNI

DEATH.TO.ALL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DR Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:03 pm

Medusa? goes without saying that AM is the best counter Razz. Well, I take that back, I'll just leave it as a good counter. Since someone could always come up with a better one Razz

DR
Shaman

Back to top Go down

Post  bjchance Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:25 pm

Well since you didn't really explain why AM would be a good counter(though its not really necessary) I'll still go with we're countering AM.

Centaur Warchief. Return > Feedback. CW Isn't a mana dependent hero and he can easily tank AM enough. Return can easily take AM down to half before CW is at 3/4.(BTW there's three other counters I wanted to post but will wait for another time)

REMEMBER!!!!

You cannot use a hero that has already been used.
bjchance
bjchance
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DEATH.TO.ALL Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:35 pm

Axe, Call keeps you there, He can me more tanky than you and he has his own type of return damage. Can be better than yours. Culling blade kills you easily as soon as you get below the mark.

DEATH.TO.ALL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Stankey Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:48 pm

hmm, i dunno. I would like to see an axe vs centaur in a good game. They are quite similar heroes. Similar builds for each etc. Similar type of skills. One that keeps in place, one that does spike dmg, one that returns dmg. Just centaur gets more hp more quickly, but axe can get stats earlier without getting hunger.
Stankey
Stankey
Chieftan

Back to top Go down

Post  DR Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:56 pm

I think with axe it'd come a little down to luck. 1v1, centaur would win, but thats because axe needs centaur allies around. But since this isnt a mathcraft forum lets just assume axe wins.

Actually damage is 40 every time vs, 175 17% of the time? so thats aobut a sixth, just rounded to like 30... Ooo but then there is all other factors. Way to close to tell Razz, culling blade +battle hunger (remem is only 1v1, so centaur cant last hit another creep) would probalby pull it off for advantage though.

I would say pugna. Nether blast means no battle hunger problem. Decrepify means that thingy a jig, spinny, counter helix wont go off (since he wont be attacked). Life drain means that he can keep at a high enough hp and hurt axe (couple with decrepify). Netherward might tip the balances if we assume they lane eachother, the mana draining effect will affect axe quite a bit since has low mana+regen. This would probably only work in higher lvl play skill though, since in low level the axe would probably slaughter the pugna Razz.

DR
Shaman

Back to top Go down

Post  Stankey Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:23 pm

Fair call. I should be busy studing at the moment, so ill leave it for someone else to rape pugna, shudnt b that hard lol.
Stankey
Stankey
Chieftan

Back to top Go down

The "Counter" Game Empty just a query

Post  PIB Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:28 pm

was wondering if thorns affect furby? since he got very small range... .would make a nice tank against centar....but back to countering pugna....continue on lads
PIB
PIB
Shaman

Back to top Go down

Post  DR Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:22 am

Pardon, furby? You mean ursa? ANd surely i'm not meant to counter my own hero Razz. Thorns aura hits melee and ranged units, so it is kind of moot point anyway.

DR
Shaman

Back to top Go down

Post  bjchance Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:37 pm

Ursa isn't ranged anymore, btw.

Back to pugna.

I'll go with sniper on this one. Ministun completely destroys pugna.
bjchance
bjchance
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  PIB Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:29 pm

ah ok.... yea saw thorns arua in use the other day properly, wasnt sure if did affect range.. guess i should re-read it again or actually use centar. doesnt ursa have furby written undernieth or was that jsut a random thought i had.
as for countering Sniper..hmmm so many ppl to pick from...
I'd say storm spirt, overload with electric rave slows and continue dmgs snipe, sheild to prevents mass dmg with snipes ulti, aswell as lowing snipes scattershot, then grapple to prevent snipe trying to run
PIB
PIB
Shaman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next