Clan DoA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The "Counter" Game

+4
Stankey
PIB
DEATH.TO.ALL
bjchance
8 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

The "Counter" Game - Page 5 Empty Re: The "Counter" Game

Post  DEATH.TO.ALL Tue May 06, 2008 3:47 pm

Dragon knight.
Insainly fast, especially in dragon form.
High damage, if hes lvl 6/16 he has a slow in his ulti
Stun at the right time doesnt allow panda to split and he has a nuke to finish him off if he really needs it.
Regen + armour means panda cant do anything to him

DEATH.TO.ALL
Admin

https://clandoa.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  bjchance Wed May 07, 2008 10:46 am

Against DK i'm going to have to pick a properly played DAZZLE. YES I SAID IT!!! DAZZLE!!! Think about it though dazzle can nullify DK's armor boost and can slow him. In the hands of a pro Dazzle can take out DK.
bjchance
bjchance
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Stankey Wed May 07, 2008 1:23 pm

someone has to pick the noob hero void eventually so here he is. If dazzle goes dps build or mekasm etc he will get owned by void, your only issue would be if he went for guinsoo early, in which case you would need to get a bit of health, i normally get 2 bracers on him anyway. If you see him going for guinsoo, you would just have to farm up your MoM quickly and kick his ass a few times, to prevent him geting guinsoo early. mite be wise to get a lower level time walk and go stats earlier for some hp.

Void will be interesting to counter with both panda and troll gone (miss chance).
Stankey
Stankey
Chieftan

Back to top Go down

Post  bjchance Thu May 08, 2008 1:32 pm

The problem with void trying to counter those two is troll has a better chance at stunlocking void than void has at stunlocking troll. Plus drunken haze/blind can destroy void. However both troll/panda would have a somewhat hard time trying to kill void.
bjchance
bjchance
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Stankey Thu May 08, 2008 2:37 pm

The problem with void trying to counter those two is troll has a better chance at stunlocking void than void has at stunlocking troll. Plus drunken haze/blind can destroy void.

read the sentence again bj. void is my counter for dazzle. Im saying void is going to be interesting to counter, with his two main counters already used by someone else (being troll and panda, for their miss chance).
Stankey
Stankey
Chieftan

Back to top Go down

The "Counter" Game - Page 5 Empty meh i no this is a bad attempt, ran out of time to write good one

Post  PIB Thu May 08, 2008 4:14 pm

Got an idea of something that might work... the person using this hero would have to be "on to it" to test the idea..

My hero of choice to counter Void is .......... Lone Druid.
Bear with entangle (better with bash too and hyper), to prevent perm bash on druid. if bear was out of range chrono wen done on druid, can "return" to druid, blocking and tanking some of the dmg back and wasting voids chrono time running around... and the one ability allows more hp to tank with...
PIB
PIB
Shaman

Back to top Go down

Post  Stankey Sun May 11, 2008 11:23 am

Interesting counter as you say digs lol. Depends on what skill build he goes, with my druid, i dont get his bear, i just get the inc attack and move speed one, and the synergy up to lvl 3 (so 30 seconds with 30 sec cd). Then get stats. This allows you to pretty much dominate a lane, and last hit/deny quite nicely. Also does some good damage in team battles if you have someone to tank for you, or disable etc. Then once i got a midas and then s&y or wateva, so sorted out a couple of items for me, i start working on lvling up my bear while getting some items for it at the same time, a radience is always a nice start Very Happy.

The problem with that way is that void would loose early game in a lane, then rip me up mid game, then probly loose 2 me late game once i got a big fat ass bear with some nice items.

My counter to lone druid would probably be chaos knight. There arent many who cant stop him late game, when he has life steal, battlefury and some health/attack speed. His images with some damage and health will rip up a whole team, if you have cleave, pretty quickly. His crits own. If you have problems vs him mid game, you have stun to stop the bear, and you have blink, which u can cast on a creep or hero to escape. Or ur images to confuse him thought this wud b a mean waste of ur ulti. Getting a manta istead of life steal is always fun too. The mana burn can rip up some low hp heroes. not to mention the extra images. You can always get a vladmirs. But yeah, u stuff the bear, cast images, stun his hero and proceed to kill him in a pretty swift fashion, since his hp isnt that great. Or if u get the chance, be annoying and take out his bear.
Stankey
Stankey
Chieftan

Back to top Go down

Post  bjchance Sun May 11, 2008 11:39 am

I was waiting for someone to use nessaj. Instant destruction for nessaj has got to be Obsidian. With an orb that complly destroys images harmbringer can take down heros like naga and ck. What you do is cast your ulti right when he starts to split, this will decimate his remaining mana as well as deal a nice chunk of damage. Then you clean up the images and start to mash on the real one. If he tries to run you cast astral. Then depending on what items you have, possibilities are sheep shiva orchid ect, you do some real damage.
bjchance
bjchance
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Stankey Sun May 11, 2008 12:58 pm

so whats the point of using it before, rather than using it once he has split? Because dont the images take more damage? So if you casted it on him, he would take the dmg, then his images would be made with the same hp as him, and you couldnt tell them apart, plus the images would have more hp. If you cast it afterwards then they would take more dmg and maybe die, and you would then know which one isnt an image, and you can astral/hex that one so he cant stun you. Cus you can still die pretty quick if he has 3 low hp imamges and your stunned.

Or does his ulti not do more dmg to images?
Stankey
Stankey
Chieftan

Back to top Go down

Post  Genkidesuka Tue May 13, 2008 9:19 am

bjchance wrote:I was waiting for someone to use nessaj. Instant destruction for nessaj has got to be Obsidian. With an orb that complly destroys images harmbringer can take down heros like naga and ck. What you do is cast your ulti right when he starts to split, this will decimate his remaining mana as well as deal a nice chunk of damage. Then you clean up the images and start to mash on the real one. If he tries to run you cast astral. Then depending on what items you have, possibilities are sheep shiva orchid ect, you do some real damage.

I don't like it. If images get affected by ulti, all well and good, but if he splits and then you have to start cleaning up the images, he'll just stun and possibly rape you (unless you're fed).

Genkidesuka
Shaman

Back to top Go down

Post  bjchance Tue May 13, 2008 9:39 am

If you do it at the right time, which is very hard to do, you'll cancel his split. Otherwise it basically kills the images, I say basically because if CK has a large enough pool of hp they could be left with a few hundred hp. This is easy enough to clean up with his orb as if deals extra damage to images.
bjchance
bjchance
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Genkidesuka Tue May 13, 2008 4:41 pm

bjchance wrote:If you do it at the right time, which is very hard to do, you'll cancel his split. Otherwise it basically kills the images, I say basically because if CK has a large enough pool of hp they could be left with a few hundred hp. This is easy enough to clean up with his orb as if deals extra damage to images.

Do what at the right time? Banish, or Ulti? Because I'm pretty sure you can't interrupt image; its not like panda split or anything.

Genkidesuka
Shaman

Back to top Go down

Post  bjchance Thu May 15, 2008 12:38 pm

You can't interrupt, but theres about a .4second time frame between when its casted and when he actually splits. If you cast right before he actually splits it will still charge him the mana cost, but since it burns the rest of his mana he doesn't actually split. I'm fairly sure this is a bug, but hey it works.
bjchance
bjchance
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Stankey Mon May 19, 2008 9:28 pm

Ok back to topic. Obsidians a hard one to counter with a lot of heroes gone already. One hard thing about him is that he can astral you and just run like shit, so he is a hard one 2 kill. I was thinking jugg, because he cant cast on him while hes spinning, but then i thought well he can just astral himself when you use your ulti on him, then his ultis wasted and hes still alive lol. Also jugg with too low hp can fall victim to the mad ulti of harbringer.

This kinda lead me onto thinking of abbadon. His sheild can help deter him from harassing you in a lane, because you wont get hurt and he will lol. He also cant kill you with ulti (o wait i think this is a fail, if he gets taken from above his 400hp straight down to zero his ulti doesnt activate right?, if thats the case and ulti can kill him then i guess ill change the counter). Otherwise he has his slow/shield chasedown, and with a MoM you can probably catch up to him if he astrals.

If his ulti doesnt work, you can always go with someone tanky and get a hood of defiance on them, like bristleback. He can tank his ulti and his quill spray and slow can hurt a low hp obsidian. This is of course you havent let him freaking farm up a
couple of anghims lol.

I guess you guys can choose my counter from that list lol. But yeah abbadon unless ulti dont work.
Stankey
Stankey
Chieftan

Back to top Go down

Post  Stankey Tue May 20, 2008 7:25 pm

If all else fails, pugna is the best counter but he has already been used to counter.... axe for some reason....
lol but yeah.
Stankey
Stankey
Chieftan

Back to top Go down

Post  PIB Tue May 20, 2008 9:57 pm

Stankey wrote:If all else fails, pugna is the best counter but he has already been used to counter.... axe for some reason....
lol but yeah.

axe for some reason... care to explain ur crap attempt?
PIB
PIB
Shaman

Back to top Go down

Post  Stankey Tue May 20, 2008 10:01 pm

i think u misunderstood digs. I said punga is best counter for destroyer, but pugna has already been used by someone else to counter axe.
Stankey
Stankey
Chieftan

Back to top Go down

Post  PIB Wed May 21, 2008 9:28 am

ah thought it was something like that. Makes more sense now
PIB
PIB
Shaman

Back to top Go down

Post  Stankey Wed May 21, 2008 1:07 pm

So does anyone know about abbadons ulti in regards to my previous post? We gota pick a counter so we can keep the game going.
Stankey
Stankey
Chieftan

Back to top Go down

Post  DEATH.TO.ALL Wed May 21, 2008 3:54 pm

You are right about his ulti.
So who is your official counter?

DEATH.TO.ALL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Stankey Wed May 21, 2008 4:50 pm

Im right as in he will die from the ulti of destroyer? or he wont die?
Stankey
Stankey
Chieftan

Back to top Go down

Post  DEATH.TO.ALL Wed May 21, 2008 6:54 pm

If your intel is enough, yes he will die.

DEATH.TO.ALL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Stankey Wed May 21, 2008 7:08 pm

Ok then, well i would like to counter with either a mana draining hero e.g. narub or antimage or pugna with his gg ward. But they are all used, so i guess ill change it up from my previous post and go with the ranged panda. His mana shield will help, his ulti can help him escape or catch up after he has been astral'ed. He can get purge and steal some mana from him and have a slow, so he cant run as fast when he astrals. Then manta can help drain some mana, making his first skill pretty average, plus giving you some nice damage, because he should always have some mana to burn.
Stankey
Stankey
Chieftan

Back to top Go down

Post  Genkidesuka Thu May 22, 2008 1:27 pm

Stankey wrote:Ok then, well i would like to counter with either a mana draining hero e.g. narub or antimage or pugna with his gg ward. But they are all used, so i guess ill change it up from my previous post and go with the ranged panda. His mana shield will help, his ulti can help him escape or catch up after he has been astral'ed. He can get purge and steal some mana from him and have a slow, so he cant run as fast when he astrals. Then manta can help drain some mana, making his first skill pretty average, plus giving you some nice damage, because he should always have some mana to burn.

If that were the case, then Panda would be a counter for Sven; Shield to block stun damage, Blink to catch up after a stun, Purgestick can (could) remove ulti and prevent him from getting into melee range, Manta to burn away stun mana and prevent him from knowing which image to go for. But we know that Sven 3 or 4 hits Panda.

Getting purge/image stick isn't a basis for a counter, even if you are running out of counter heroes Razz

Genkidesuka
Shaman

Back to top Go down

Post  Stankey Fri May 23, 2008 12:39 pm

What the hell does sven have to do with it? He isnt mana dependent like obsidian is. Without mana sven still gg's, with no mana obsidian is fucked.

If it was Skele king you were talking about its a different case, because it stops him being able to reincarnate.

Shield to block stun damage,

And svens stun damage isnt the problem, its the actual stun man. And the following getting raped with damage.

But we know that Sven 3 or 4 hits Panda.

yea thats bullshit too. We arent assuming a fed sven and a underfarmed panda. We are on equal terms.
Stankey
Stankey
Chieftan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next