Clan DoA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IH game modes

4 posters

Go down

IH game modes Empty IH game modes

Post  DR Sat May 03, 2008 10:11 pm

I know we normally play rd and sd for the IH game modes, but i was thinking perhaps we should also try the -ap or -apxl modes? (maybe not xl, probably once we do ap).

Reason for this is, if we are all equally skilled (we aren't, but hopefully the teams balance out as equally skilled), then we can become very good at choosing heroes, both for power play and counter play. There is skill in sd and rd of course, but I think that if on occasion we get given the choice of heroes we as a clan can come up (or get used to playing) with better combos and overall better team line ups. Hero selection itself is a skill. I think DoA is a very good place to learn, so can give players opportunities to try being a carry in a game, or soloing a lane (these are pretty important skills to develop in a player) as well. Of course the last sentence is more of an attitude thing of the clan, and while I hope we can do that at some stage, starting with -ap might be a good step Smile.

DR
Shaman

Back to top Go down

IH game modes Empty Re: IH game modes

Post  DEATH.TO.ALL Sat May 03, 2008 10:29 pm

Yeah, I think we should divercify the game mode.
AP is a really good one to use because there are much more counters + combos than a drafted game.

DEATH.TO.ALL
Admin

https://clandoa.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Stankey Sun May 04, 2008 1:55 am

yeah and apdm all pick draft mode. Needa decide when to counter a hero, and when to just get a good hero for ur own purposes etc. like to combo with a team mate. Mean combo i saw the other day is rexxar and thd. when they both ulti at the same time, from the same direction, whoever bm stuns gets raped by thd's ulti cus they cant run lol. not to meantion the line freeze after and twin breath plus axes. And they cant do crap since they are either stunned or frozen. just need the element of suprise lolz.
Stankey
Stankey
Chieftan

Back to top Go down

Post  DEATH.TO.ALL Sun May 04, 2008 11:06 am

dm = death match stankey...
there is no mode for ap draft (except XL)

DEATH.TO.ALL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Stankey Sun May 04, 2008 12:40 pm

sorry its -apd, my bad. There is we got asked to play it before.
Stankey
Stankey
Chieftan

Back to top Go down

Post  DEATH.TO.ALL Sun May 04, 2008 1:06 pm

If you type in -apd nothing will happen.
Ap draft is where you type in -ap and pause the game to work out with the other team, who they ban, who you ban, who they pick, who you pick.

DEATH.TO.ALL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DR Sun May 04, 2008 1:14 pm

Was there still the aplm mode? (league mode). Also might be better if we do apxl since the choosing is in an ordered mode. So we don't have 10 heroes selected by 16 seconds Razz, that doesnt let us have any time for counter thought. As for constantly pausing the game to decide, it is not a good habit, so we should get used to being under pressure Razz.

DR
Shaman

Back to top Go down

Post  Stankey Sun May 04, 2008 1:29 pm

well when we were gna play Ai they asked if we wanted to do apd, i asked what it was, they said you choose like in rd but u can choose any1. well i guess we shud test it. Is the ap draft choosing thing when you do apxl or something?

Byron maybe you should put some linups on the bot again? or on here, bots easier for us to access when were about 2 play though.
Stankey
Stankey
Chieftan

Back to top Go down

Post  DEATH.TO.ALL Sun May 04, 2008 3:25 pm

its not -apxl its -xl and its not -aplm its -lm...

DEATH.TO.ALL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DR Sun May 04, 2008 4:02 pm

Er... I thought we wanted to mix it with ap? O_o But I don't really know, I just want to try it IH sometime.

DR
Shaman

Back to top Go down

Post  DEATH.TO.ALL Sun May 04, 2008 4:10 pm

You cant mix it with ap.
If you look on dota-allstars.com there is a list somewhere about all the game modes, im sure if you search for "game modes" you will get it and it explains each and every game mode.

DEATH.TO.ALL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Stankey Sun May 04, 2008 5:18 pm

to save me trying to find that right now due to lack of free time. can someone just explain what lm and xl are? And if there is ANY ap draft mode, like the one Ai were telling me about. or else i guess ill just look on monday after uni.
Stankey
Stankey
Chieftan

Back to top Go down

Post  DR Sun May 04, 2008 7:30 pm

-extendedleague / -xl --> Extended League

All forms of random are disabled. 10 players required. Both team leaders (blue for Sentinel, pink for Scourge) may remove up to 4 heroes each from all available ones in the first 20 seconds. Players then pick from the remaining heroes like in League Mode.
-leaguemode / -lm --> League Mode

All forms of random are disabled. 10 players required. The teams will pick in alternating orders, one team picking one hero, the other team picks two heroes, the first team picks two heroes, the other team picks two heroes, the first team picks their two last heroes, the other team picks their last hero (1-2-2-2-2-1). Each player has 20 seconds to pick a hero, otherwise one is randomed for him/her. The team which has the first pick is random. Can only pick from your side, Sentinel or Scourge, like Normal Mode.

Incompatible with: All secondary game modes except Shuffle Players, No Swap, No Repick, Terrain Snow, Observer Info, Pooling Mode.
Added in v6.21

Well damn, then I'm not sure how to have an ap draft unless we do it in channel before hand.

DR
Shaman

Back to top Go down

Post  DEATH.TO.ALL Sun May 04, 2008 9:01 pm

In scrims, they do it in either the channel or ingame, they pause it before the hero picks.

DEATH.TO.ALL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Stankey Sun May 04, 2008 10:04 pm

sweet as. Thanks. What would be some good heroes to ban? Generally himba heroes like Bristle back or annoying and useful heroes like silencer/tinker?

Or ones that are going to counter your hero choices? That would be good.
Stankey
Stankey
Chieftan

Back to top Go down

Post  DEATH.TO.ALL Sun May 04, 2008 10:42 pm

both, counters + imba heros.
Look at dota-allstars.com in the strategy section, advanced strategy. theres alot of helpful guides there.

DEATH.TO.ALL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Genkidesuka Tue May 13, 2008 9:22 am

DEATH.TO.ALL wrote:both, counters + imba heros.
Look at dota-allstars.com in the strategy section, advanced strategy. theres alot of helpful guides there.

The only hero ever banned for being "imba" would be Bristleback (because BB + Dazzle basically owns some face, one of the best non-double-stun lanes in the game, not to mention BB gets fucking scary later). Usually only counters are banned - for example, if you were going to try a push-oriented team, you might ban Leshy, Earthshaker and Shadowfiend. If you wanted to use the usual blink-in-and-rape-everything-with-aoe-team (SF/Maggy/Lina/QoP/SK or something), you would ban Silencer ASAP because global silence pretty much fucks up your entire combo.

Genkidesuka
Shaman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down