Clan DoA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Worst hero

+5
DR
PIB
Stankey
bjchance
DEATH.TO.ALL
9 posters

Clan DoA :: DotA :: DotA

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Worst hero Empty Worst hero

Post  DEATH.TO.ALL Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:14 pm

who do you think is the most useless hero in DotA?
ADD REASONS!

My feeling is it the most useless hero in dota is naix
this is because the only useful spell he has is open wounds.
Je is item dependent and now needs mana so diffusals/manta rapes him up.

DEATH.TO.ALL
Admin

https://clandoa.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Worst hero Empty Re: Worst hero

Post  bjchance Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:59 pm

Naix has the ability to take out key heros like leshrac and what not, but other then that I'm not fond of naix.

IMO worst hero = hmmm well i would have to go with no one. Every hero has some strength along with a weakness. But for the sake of this thread I'm going to pick techies.

Techies is an insanely good hero, early on. All it takes is one gem to screw over mines and suicide loses almost all effectiveness towards a large number of heros in the mid to later stages. Yes you can be a battle techies but is it effective? To me, no.
bjchance
bjchance
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:20 pm

pa? No early game potential. No mid game potential. If failed to farm early/mid game he has no late game potential. Good players will stop him farming with lots of ganks, warding the forest etc........

Back to top Go down

Post  bjchance Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:56 pm

It really depends on the level of game play for PA imo, at higher lvl game play I would agree she's not a great choice, but for pub games/some leagues she does okay. Either way some heros have way worse potential that her, at least PA has a ss and blink strike, as well as natural evasion giving noobs that extra help they need.
bjchance
bjchance
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:59 pm

thats actaully the reason naix got changed... ice didnt want a hero that farming was 100% nesseracy on for 40 mins.

Back to top Go down

Worst hero Empty Hey i found it and signed up and stuff

Post  Stankey Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:04 pm

yeah i rekon u guys are crazy saying PA, she is the shit. 4x crits, u can kill zues 2 hits lol. well i have done before, but not a good zues. anyway i reakon it would be close, but death prophet has to be right up there in the worst hero catagory.
Stankey
Stankey
Chieftan

Back to top Go down

Post  Stankey Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:06 pm

oh yeah, and pugna is pretty average. but again a well played bad hero will still beat the badly played void or some other imba hero
Stankey
Stankey
Chieftan

Back to top Go down

Post  bjchance Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:23 pm

Pugna can solo roshan at lvl 11, IMO he's a great hero with his AoE nuke, mana ward that can destroy heros and a crazy life drain. Also he's a great pusher and tower killer.

As for krob(death prophet) another one that can be aruged for or against, and yet I argue for. Krob can silence, nuke and destroy hero's pretty easily. Granted she's rather fragile but thats easy to work with for a lot of people. Again as in the case with pugna she's an insane tower killer.
IMO no int hero other than techies can be put into the worst hero catagory because they all have a strength be it a global aura, pushing towers or a global ulti. Techies however loses a lot of power with a gem, though played properly he can still own face without having to focus on his mines.(euls stasis ect)
bjchance
bjchance
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DEATH.TO.ALL Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:05 pm

Stankey playes too many pubs Razz
Krob is good. Yes she is fragile but a vanguard and a heart late game and she is as tank as the next person.
PA is BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD.
Punga's ward is excellent, did you know in most team battles the heros cast spells??!!! ZOMG I KNOW I DIDNT KNOW IT TOO!! anyhow, pugna's ward destroys them and 100mana or something can turn around the game just like that, you can kill all 5 heros with your ward in a team battle, Pugna fuckes up most carry heros because they rely on a nuke or two to do some damage and a slow, if you take away their mana POOF NO KILL.

DEATH.TO.ALL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Stankey Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:13 pm

well u can defend any hero, no hero is useless, and their weaknesses can be countered for. But when your looking for a WORST hero you have to think about which has the most weaknesses (which u will need to buy items just to get them back to being normal, rather than making them above average). For example with tiny he has no armour or attack speed, so you use curiass or something to fix both of those at once. Then i guess the other thing u look for is whether they are actually usefull lol. btw bj techies is a pusher and a tower killer so u kinda contradicted urself in the same sentence. His mines do dmg to towers, and its a fuck load.

"IMO no int hero other than techies can be put into the worst hero catagory because they all have a strength be it a global aura, pushing towers or a global ulti." - Uh no they dont lol, i can think of a few without any of those, just for one example, ogre mag

"Krob is good. Yes she is fragile but a vanguard and a heart late game and she is as tank as the next person." - yeah she is fragile, really fragile and a vanguard and a heart arent cheap, and u are having to buy items which arent related to ur main attribute to counter for a weakness. then by the time u got those, then u got a hero with a bit of hp who has carrion swarm and a silence which will do jack shit if some dps hero comes of from behind a tree with a buriza nd shit and kills u b4 u know wat happened. U may have a chance of winning or getin away if u got ur utli, but thats not always.

And pa is so not shit, u get helm of dominator and a battlefury and watch the fukin destruction lol. lets u farm qucikly and get a few hero kills with the extra dmg. So u can farm up a butterfly or wateva u want to get some attack speed, that combined with ur extra dmg and ur ulti is just devistating. especially late game. I would back PA against a death prophet any day. (well depending on whos using them lol)
Stankey
Stankey
Chieftan

Back to top Go down

Post  Stankey Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:19 pm

oh btw dta, i dont think pugnas ward does mana burn, just dmg. but i think it stops them regening or wateva.
Stankey
Stankey
Chieftan

Back to top Go down

Post  DEATH.TO.ALL Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:36 pm

http://www.dota-allstars.com/hero/1810/index.html

Nether Ward

Summons a Nether Ward that prevents enemy heroes from regenerating mana and can cast Mana Flare, which deals damage to enemy heroes as they cast spells.
Lasts 25 seconds. Each level increases the area of effect of the Ward's Mana Flare, the Mana Flare damage, the negative mana regen and the hp of the ward.

Cooldown: 35 seconds.

Level 1: 80 mana, 35 sec cooldown.
Level 2: 80 mana, 35 sec cooldown.
Level 3: 80 mana, 35 sec cooldown.
Level 4: 80 mana, 35 sec cooldown.

It doesnt say it there but it actually does do it, it reduces your mana by however much the spell cost, so you basically use double mana.

DEATH.TO.ALL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Stankey Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:45 pm

oh right. i like pugna neway, just heaps of people suck with him, you see so many ppl not doing him justice. he is a hard hero if ur new or something. i just hate if they have a night stalker or something lol.
Stankey
Stankey
Chieftan

Back to top Go down

Post  bjchance Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:00 pm

Night Stalker isn't a great non-em hero IMO, he sucks early/mid game at farming and isn't really effective untill 16+, unlike in em where he can go crazy once he hits lvl 6/7
bjchance
bjchance
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Stankey Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:04 pm

yeah he still can be good if he gets a bottle and goes hunting in ap, but its obviously harder. another hero i dont like is alchemist, he is just like a big punching bag lol. his stun is cool, but i dont use it cus u dont get to get the kill, u just stun and sum1 on ur team who chases kills, and u get no gold or experience cus ur outa range lol. they buffed him a bit in the new patch tho i think.
Stankey
Stankey
Chieftan

Back to top Go down

Post  Stankey Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:08 pm

oh yeah, wtf does imo mean?
Stankey
Stankey
Chieftan

Back to top Go down

Post  DEATH.TO.ALL Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:48 pm

Stankey wrote:yeah he still can be good if he gets a bottle and goes hunting in ap, but its obviously harder. another hero i dont like is alchemist, he is just like a big punching bag lol. his stun is cool, but i dont use it cus u dont get to get the kill, u just stun and sum1 on ur team who chases kills, and u get no gold or experience cus ur outa range lol. they buffed him a bit in the new patch tho i think.

OK i will play alc and you can get the kills with your carry hero then.

DEATH.TO.ALL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  bjchance Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:08 pm

IMO=in my opinion
like imho=in my honest opinion

Again I remin constant that no INT hero can be placed in this catagory, ogre magi has bloodlust+slow which is well worth it by itself, let alone the ability to stun and get multicasts. My examples of int were just a few heros, not all of them.

As for PA getting HoD or bfury both are QUITE expensive and she is not a great farmer. Any ranged hero can easily destroy PA with denies in non-em games.

NS can be good but my point of sayin that was that he isn't nearly AS good in non-em games untill he massively farms to level.

As for Alchemist I think he's okay since he can massively farm. I can get bfury on him with treads in a non-em games easily within 15-18 minutes, and after that I can have rad in less than 5. His ability to farm is what makes him a badass though he isn't a massive hero killer, more of a support hero. His spray can easily change the tide of a team battle with armor reduc and dmg, and his stun helps get that escaping hero or can let your team mates get there in time for a gank.
bjchance
bjchance
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Stankey Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:50 pm

sounds good dta lol. yeah i wasnt chopping wat u were saying bout ns, i agreed. just was talkin bout it. Um yeah, the thing with the PA items that i still like is that they arent one big expensive thing, u can get them all in small, less expensive parts, which are stiff kinda useful by themselves.
Stankey
Stankey
Chieftan

Back to top Go down

Post  PIB Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:34 pm

I thought pa was good for two reasons,
1) blur move makes it annoying to see unless alt is held down,
2) wen u get crits 750+, normally the game is soon over.
I guess as sm1 mentioned earlier on with the low hp, farmin in non-em games can be a challenge
PIB
PIB
Shaman

Back to top Go down

Post  Stankey Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:49 pm

yeah, once u can farm up treds, helm of dom and a battlefury. after that gold comes in like women to something small and shiny. As long as you can get carried to late game, ur sweet.
Stankey
Stankey
Chieftan

Back to top Go down

Post  DEATH.TO.ALL Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:44 pm

What clan DoA needs to learn is how to stop the enemy farming.

DEATH.TO.ALL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Stankey Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:13 pm

lol yes true. We do fail at that sometimes. Myself included.
Stankey
Stankey
Chieftan

Back to top Go down

Post  DR Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:39 pm

PA has her new mini nuke thing now that will help out with farming. To stop people farming tends to be hero, well if we keep playing RD, we aren't guaranteed to get a good hero mix that can both farm well and gank well. Usually it tends to be one strong solo mid, and then two strong support side (that I've noticed in higher tier games). While an ap game means both sides have dangerous heroes, it encourages the skill to come out. If we lose, then we can improve/and are learning, if we won, we won.

DR
Shaman

Back to top Go down

Post  DEATH.TO.ALL Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:05 pm

RD is more balanced for IH because if one team doesnt know how to make good lineups in APdraft then they are fucked!

If you want me to come on to help make a lineup or play, stankey has my phone number to txt me, or i can be reached on MSN

DEATH.TO.ALL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next