Clan DoA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favourite Hero

+3
Stankey
bjchance
IAmRevolution
7 posters

Clan DoA :: DotA :: DotA

Go down

Favourite type of hero?

Favourite Hero Vote_lcap14%Favourite Hero Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 1 ]
Favourite Hero Vote_lcap29%Favourite Hero Vote_rcap 29% 
[ 2 ]
Favourite Hero Vote_lcap57%Favourite Hero Vote_rcap 57% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 7

Favourite Hero Empty Favourite Hero

Post  IAmRevolution Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:28 pm

This thread is purely to discuss your favourite hero and why.
1. Name your favourite hero
2. Why
3. Your ultimate items for that hero
4. summary

I'll do mine first as an example.

1. Necrolyte

2. Because his ultimate is so brutal no matter when in the game. His skills are also brutal in such that if used properly he loses next to none mana. I don't like going back to base so he is perfect for me such that I buy boots at start then buy my Helm of Dominator in the 2nd secrete shop and also perseverance. Negating having to go back to base unless the hp is too low.

3. Power Treads(STR), Satanic, Skadi, Refresher, Guinsoo, Heart.

4. That build makes him into a battle hero, disabling and slowing till half hp then using his ultimate, then refreshing and going onto the next hero.
IAmRevolution
IAmRevolution
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Favourite Hero Empty Re: Favourite Hero

Post  bjchance Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:26 pm

Scepter > Satanic. The 1.1 versus .9 makes a difference+ scepter adds more mana to your pool.
bjchance
bjchance
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Stankey Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:50 pm

Yeah, u will have plenty of hp with scep, skadi and heart. Plus enough regen to keep u happy plus your heal.
Stankey
Stankey
Chieftan

Back to top Go down

Post  Genkidesuka Sun May 11, 2008 7:50 pm

Stankey wrote:Yeah, u will have plenty of hp with scep, skadi and heart. Plus enough regen to keep u happy plus your heal.

Unless its someone like Centaur, Aghanims actually only adds an extra 200ish damage to your ulti, which is definitely not worth it (unless you're playing em I guess). Necrolyte can be an oddly effective carry though.

My favourite hero, probably Chen. He's very different to most other heroes in that you need some degree of micro to play, jungling is a breeze and you can pretty much gank anyone you want any time you want.

I go Chicken/Bas/Crow/Wards/Mek/BoT, and usually the game is over by then. If I really had to I'd go some combination of Skadi/Cuirass.

Genkidesuka
Shaman

Back to top Go down

Post  Stankey Sun May 11, 2008 8:45 pm

My favourite hero according to dota client is pudge, just because i pick him the most. I find now that ive played all the heroes so much, i like to play with the more challenging ones, that need skill. For example pudge, potm and meepo. These heroes in the hands of a noob get raped but in a pros hands cant be devestating. Other heroes like clinks or skeleton king, generally sit around the middle somewhere, like a noob can use them, and yeah a pro can do better with them but so what lol.

In my opinion they needa bring in 1 new sent and 1 new scourge hero that have an aimed thing like pudges hook or potms arrow. Maybe like, if it hits them, its swaps them to your postion, kind of like venge, well i guess thats like pudges hook really. But cud make it longer distance. Then i guess make the scourge one a stunner, so they both have 1 of them same. But yeah, change them up a bit, and new other skills.

Btw one of my fav combos/moves in dota, is to get lothars on meepo (after ur meka and vlads) then you run around with ur main hero in a lane while ur other 3 jungle. This gives you some nice exp and gold from 2 locations. Then u ww ur main hero and run up behind some poor unsuspecting hero or 2, or 3 lol. Then poof ur other meepos to your main one, they come in doing some nice spike dmg, then you net with ur main hero, then keep netting every 2 secs with your images, and its gg for the poor bastard u pop up behind. Not even windwalk or blink can save ur ass.
Stankey
Stankey
Chieftan

Back to top Go down

Post  Genkidesuka Mon May 12, 2008 7:57 pm

Stankey wrote:Other heroes like clinks or skeleton king, generally sit around the middle somewhere, like a noob can use them, and yeah a pro can do better with them but so what lol.

There's a world of difference between a pub and a tournament. Seemingly simple pub heroes can be very difficult heroes to play competitively because of the limited choices you have to make.

Genkidesuka
Shaman

Back to top Go down

Post  Stankey Mon May 12, 2008 11:21 pm

explain what you mean plz.
Stankey
Stankey
Chieftan

Back to top Go down

Post  Super_Boy Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:11 pm

1. Demon Witch
2. He is what I would count as support with a nuke
3. Other than Sheep Stick and either heart/satanic or Scepter for hp I would say its based on how game is turning out
4. I love how support demon witch is with a stun and a move to turn someone into a sheep early on. 1v1 he is very hard to kill as most of the time the enemy is running around as a sheep. If you feel your doing to much support and not gaining the gold from hero kills you always have your ulti to use at the right time.

When playing with a friend in pub Viper/Drow make a lovely combo. Farm a lothars for each quite early and results are devistating expecially to melee characters as they cannot even touch reach you before they die. With a 80% slow no one is getting away from a gank easily either.
I pretty much enjoy any character that isnt just slow moving straight damage as they have become to boring to play.

Super_Boy
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post  Stankey Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:27 pm

hence why i like to use pudge potm witchdoctor and meepo lol.
Stankey
Stankey
Chieftan

Back to top Go down

Post  mcbastard Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:23 pm

One of my favs: bristleback
reason: because i like owning pubs with his quill spray. godlike in 15mins b4
and hes a pretty decent tank late game with the right items.
mcbastard
mcbastard
Peon

Back to top Go down

Post  Stankey Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:35 pm

I remember one of ur games with him, where u out lvled them, so u were tanky. And on top of that you had 2 vanguards and a hood + some bracers i and booties. U were chasing for a kill, got it, then proceeded to run around pretty much the whole map, attempting to juke and get away without them flanking you, so you had to take the really long way lol. You spent a fair bit of the time, regenerating ur hp faster than the ranged heroes chasing you could dish it out lol. Then i think we finally got there 2 help and raped them lolz.
Stankey
Stankey
Chieftan

Back to top Go down

Post  mcbastard Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:27 pm

haha yeh that was funny it was luna, couldnt hurt me enough to kill me with her beam. pirat
mcbastard
mcbastard
Peon

Back to top Go down

Post  bjchance Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:42 pm

1. Prophet

2. People underestimate his destructive power. He's a great ganker, great escape artist. Decent farmer, especially late game with his ulti. He can push, defender, support, and even carry.

3. Treads(str), Manta, Guinsoo's, Orchid, Buriza, (optional item depending on the game. Sometimes aghanims, sometimes dagon, sometimes midas.

4. With manta you have the ability to do some mean damage. You tree them, use manta, and start attacking. As your tree-trap wears off you sheep them and continue to pound with your hero and two images. Btw further explination. Treads/manta doesnt give you great damage, attackspeed, or anything else really. This is why you get sheep afterwards. Sheep adds damage to your build as well as another disable. Before they changed Guinsoo it also added the attackspeed you needed, now you just get orchid. Orchid gives you damage, attackspeed, and the ability to silence/ make the enemy take MORE damage. Buriza is just a good item and your last item varies. Midas for farming, dagon for last-hit on the hero, aghanims for an all around buff or even Armlet of mordiggian to make your manta images that much more effective.
bjchance
bjchance
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Stankey Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:43 pm

builds sound ok, just didnt tackle the problem of him having no hp. If he gets stunned, gg 2 him. I normally get 2 bracers then go skadi or something or linkens 2 help with health.
Stankey
Stankey
Chieftan

Back to top Go down

Post  bjchance Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:36 am

Not sure if thats to my build or not, but if it is I semi-agree with you. Early game I skip gettin the tree summon spell and only put one lvl into sprout. Here how my skill points go

1:Teleport
2: Sprout
3:Teleport
4: Stats
5:Teleport
6:Ulti
7:Teleport
8-10:Stats
11:Ulti
12-14:Sprout
15:Stats
16:Ulti
17-22:Stats
23:25: Tree summon thing.

This decently address's the HP problem as well as the STR treads helps. Plus Guinsoo's adds to your str slightly as well as manta adds a little.
bjchance
bjchance
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Genkidesuka Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:14 pm

Do you not jungle Furion?

Genkidesuka
Shaman

Back to top Go down

Post  Stankey Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:30 pm

Not always, on jungle him if needed i guess. It just wastes 4 skill levels in treants. Stats can be much more useful. And guinsoo adds str? musta missed that.
Stankey
Stankey
Chieftan

Back to top Go down

Post  bjchance Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:46 am

Well now that Guinsoo's requires an ulti orb thats another +10 to str/agi.

I know its not the sexiest build but just with those four core items. (treads Guinsoo Manta Orchid) You have 2300 hp. It's not a whole lot but its better than some int heroes at lvl 25. If you were to add a heart in there it would put you up to a beefy 3265. Sange and Yasha instead would put you at 2604.
bjchance
bjchance
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Genkidesuka Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:18 pm

You play too much -em bjchance.

Genkidesuka
Shaman

Back to top Go down

Post  PIB Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:51 pm

haha fair call
PIB
PIB
Shaman

Back to top Go down

Post  bjchance Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:21 am

Genkidesuka wrote:You play too much -em bjchance.

Thats my non-em build. Finishes in approx 60 minutes. Kthx.

Anyone who can't farm with prophet doesn't deserve to dota. He can kill, escape, get at least 5 creep kills with his ult at LEVEL 1. He last hits well and if your a real noob, you can get his tree summons to help you push.

And by the way if you've never played a game with me and I'm not on your friends list, how do you know what modes I play?
bjchance
bjchance
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Stankey Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:35 pm

Learn to take a joke man. wow.

EDIT: OMG what happened to my sig, has dta deleted his account thing. sigh.
Stankey
Stankey
Chieftan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down