Clan DoA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Garena

+3
Stankey
ssiterl
Genkidesuka
7 posters

Go down

Garena Empty Garena

Post  Genkidesuka Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:46 pm

Okay ladies and gentlemen, this is mainly for our regular scrimmers (ie the only people that read these forums) but, since this program is vastly better to playing on battlenet unless you play games other than dota or ladder or other shit nobody cares about, it applies to everyone.

Firstly you're going to want to install it from here: CLICK ME PLZ Hopefully you don't need a tutorial on how to install a program such as this. If you do I suggest you go die in a fire.

Secondly you're going to want to create an account on the same website. If you've forgotten the link (look up you retarded faggot) then click here: OH GOD CLICK ME HARDER THAT FEELS SOOOO GOOD

Now run Garena, and log in with the account you just created. Rather obscure step but what the hell.

Lastly, once the program is open click on Settings near the top. Make sure you're on the tab which says Game Settings, select WC3 RPG and set the box which says executable settings to your war3.exe.

The program itself is pretty self explanatory; press the WC3 RPG button to the left, and find the Oceanic tab. Join a full-as-you-can room (if there's one with 225 people in it and there are no other options (80+), I suggest either spam clicking that room or making a G15 macro for those cool kids that own one). The MCC room is largely for finding scrims and it succeeds pretty well, although the level of these players is quite a bit higher than battle.net. Garena pubs are generally better also, except for the fact that everyone goes Vanguard on everything (haven't figured that one out yet).

There's also an in-built experience system that only matters if you want to join a High Level Room (HLR) or make your own clan but nobody really cares about either of those two things. Not to mention the Ladder system which is even less important. Oh, and the customise-your-avatar-with-real-world-money which I've only seen one person ever do, and he was a complete retard. Another thing you can buy with real world money is a Gold Membership. This comes with 3 benefits: Double experience (OMG GASM), SPECIAL ORANGE TEXT (I'M SO FUCKING WET), and some useless bullshit about being able to join a full room.

Probably the most important thing to note about Garena is the tunnelling system too. You may not be able to see games unless you tunnel the host/get them to tunnel you, and it solves lag issues sometimes as well. It's fairly easy to do; Find someone's name to the right of the room chat, right click and select Tunnel. No problems at all. Coolest thing about hosting on Garena is no port forwarding required, so go nuts anyone with internet!

So yeah, have fun and stuff.

Genkidesuka
Shaman

Back to top Go down

Garena Empty Re: Garena

Post  ssiterl Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:51 pm

thing is that its hard to join in same room unless u got ih going or u have the host ( i cant host in garena, it lags hard)
I think its only Stankey who doesnt have garena atm
I think every1 else does... that is scrim team not the whole clan

ssiterl
Shaman

Back to top Go down

Post  Stankey Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:39 pm

gg well i beta get in then Very Happy. Ill do it on wed after my exam. Then we gota sort out BA sometime.
Stankey
Stankey
Chieftan

Back to top Go down

Post  Crypt Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:50 pm

Also I might add that garena is incredibly unstable meaning people will d/c for no good reason at all (simply GGC being a whiny little girl). Sometimes as the host tunneling *may* fix this, but probably not since that would be much too convienient. So usually when someone d/cs you'll see a spam of "OMG OMG WTF WTF," but chances are the person who is helplessly d/cing is probably also going "OMG OMG WTF WTF" with you.

Other than that have fun in GGC its a pretty good free platform, with lots of scrimmages going on.

Also note that many GGC users are still on 1.22 so you will have to be nitty picky and find some 1.23 players/hosts.

Crypt
Grunt

Back to top Go down

Post  Deja.Voo Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:03 am

I think Garena updates you now or something I heard after a week or two it normally settles down. Also Garena is a bit unstable but it isn't that bad plus the fact that we save reasonably often means it shouldn't be too much of an issue. However guise...Garena IHs are slightly higher skill level than B.net so should be a bit of a challenge.
Deja.Voo
Deja.Voo
Shaman

Back to top Go down

Post  Crypt Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:23 pm

Deja.Voo wrote:I think Garena updates you now or something I heard after a week or two it normally settles down. Also Garena is a bit unstable but it isn't that bad plus the fact that we save reasonably often means it shouldn't be too much of an issue. However guise...Garena IHs are slightly higher skill level than B.net so should be a bit of a challenge.

Yeah the fact their IHs are better is the main attraction for me going to garena Very Happy

Crypt
Grunt

Back to top Go down

Post  Half-Br33D Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:35 pm

i'm only here for another 2 weeks or somethin but ill download anyways >_>

Edit: Just found out i already have an account lol.
Half-Br33D
Half-Br33D
Grunt

Back to top Go down

Post  Half-Br33D Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:31 pm

Wooooooooo Godlike first game Very Happy

Took me a while to figure out how to join games. Heaps of people still play the old patch which is annoying D:
Half-Br33D
Half-Br33D
Grunt

Back to top Go down

Post  Stankey Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:39 pm

yeah i made one ages ago, played one game, dropped in 5s and that was my ggc career.
Stankey
Stankey
Chieftan

Back to top Go down

Post  ssiterl Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:13 pm

lol gg

ssiterl
Shaman

Back to top Go down

Post  PIB Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:37 am

wicked, will dl it tonight
PIB
PIB
Shaman

Back to top Go down

Post  Stankey Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:11 pm

IT WORKS, AND I WAS IN A GAME FOR 30 SECONDS AND DIDNT DROP!!!!

But someone else did, rm'ing now gg....
Stankey
Stankey
Chieftan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down