Clan DoA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IH Game

5 posters

Go down

IH Game Empty IH Game

Post  Genkidesuka Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:49 pm

Just wanted to make a post about an IH game we had today

http://www.dota-allstars.com/replay/78591/index.html

Deja's picks bring an important point to light. Luna/Venge/Chantress? had never been picked before in an IH and yet the game was fairly one sided. It shows both how important lanes are (Pirate/Venge is amazing, Chantress is a great jungle, Luna/Warlock are solid solos) when creating a lineup, as well as proving that DotA is no longer a 20-hero game. Hopefully this will further encourage people captaining to not pick the same heroes. If a strat doesn't work, who cares? It's only an IH, and the picks themselves probably are more interesting/fun anyway. If you come up with something really cool that works then good job.

Genkidesuka
Shaman

Back to top Go down

IH Game Empty Re: IH Game

Post  DR Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:37 am

I have distinct memories of this game being "painful". Two things I recall immediately though is a BM who went axe stats, cat impaling two ogres while ssiterl was fleeing enc creep + pirate only half a screen away. I also figured youd jungle enc, except I didn't think it through, because I thought it'd have to be top.

I figured potm/BM would be a lane that would have been very strong. I'll agree kunkka + vs is very nasty, especially against lion + spec, since spec doesnt have a disable to stop the chain combo. Whats really funny is i expected our team to be more agressive, since we have bm, potm, qop + lion.

Personally I feel it was more an outplay than pick thing. As I asked my team to get early wards to help prevent enchant ganks.

DR
Shaman

Back to top Go down

Post  Genkidesuka Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:01 am

DR wrote:I have distinct memories of this game being "painful". Two things I recall immediately though is a BM who went axe stats, cat impaling two ogres while ssiterl was fleeing enc creep + pirate only half a screen away. I also figured youd jungle enc, except I didn't think it through, because I thought it'd have to be top.

I figured potm/BM would be a lane that would have been very strong. I'll agree kunkka + vs is very nasty, especially against lion + spec, since spec doesnt have a disable to stop the chain combo. Whats really funny is i expected our team to be more agressive, since we have bm, potm, qop + lion.

Personally I feel it was more an outplay than pick thing. As I asked my team to get early wards to help prevent enchant ganks.

Okay, I'll sympathise with you on the Axe/Stats and also on the blind Cat Razz but thats as far as it goes!

PotM/BM is not nearly as strong as you might think. It practically relies on PotM to hit an arrow to do damage and even then its not nearly as strong as, say, PotM/Tiny or PotM/ES where its either much easier to hit or a lot more damage potential. And no, going Axe/CotW wouldn't help that Razz

The only qualm I had with our lanes is the necessity of Warlock soloing top against PotM/BM but as long as he played passively that shouldn't be of any concern to us. Pirate/Venge is a top tier lane and one that I haven't seen for a while for some reason. And it doesn't matter where Chant is jungling because she can always run through your jungle to help with ganks - or even switch.

It may partially have been an outplay but I think picks definitely were important. And I bet if we hadn't have won it would have been considered an outpick... by you.

Genkidesuka
Shaman

Back to top Go down

Post  DR Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:54 pm

I thought we outpicked your team anyway. Maybe our lanes should have been different though. Maybe in hind sight should have changed 1-2 of our picks, but thats hindsight.

DR
Shaman

Back to top Go down

Post  Genkidesuka Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:22 pm

DR wrote:I thought we outpicked your team anyway.

Why's that?

Genkidesuka
Shaman

Back to top Go down

Post  DR Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:33 pm

Just from who we had, and how I thought they'd work.

DR
Shaman

Back to top Go down

Post  Genkidesuka Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:45 pm

DR wrote:Just from who we had, and how I thought they'd work.

no u

Genkidesuka
Shaman

Back to top Go down

Post  Deja.Voo Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:44 am

Are you trying to say D_R that you had the better players or the better picks?
Deja.Voo
Deja.Voo
Shaman

Back to top Go down

Post  Stankey Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:21 pm

neither? just to add to the intense confusion.
Stankey
Stankey
Chieftan

Back to top Go down

Post  DR Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:39 pm

Heroes

DR
Shaman

Back to top Go down

IH Game Empty a

Post  ssiterl Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:12 am

ROAR what is all dis, too much writing, cbf reading , arhhhhh

ssiterl
Shaman

Back to top Go down

Post  Stankey Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:32 am

one phrase replys ftw
Stankey
Stankey
Chieftan

Back to top Go down

Post  Deja.Voo Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:49 am

Yea I don't really agree with you D_R I mean yea its like getting a team of top tier heroes and just assuming that because they are possibly better that you're going to win which isn't the case, chances are your lanes will be fucked or you'll have no synergy between the heroes in your duo lanes. IMO Rexxar without solo isn't amazingly overpowered like most people think I mean hes still good and in a lane with someone else I'd rather he went max call over axes which gives him less of an nuke-y advantage. Luna can compete easily with any other carry Spec I will agree is a harder carry but I like the advantage Luna gives you early on where she is useful without like 6k+ worth of items. W/L too is top tier he is nearly always a fp if he is still in the pool. End of the line you had Spec and Rex who are top tier we had Pirate Warlock and (I know Genki will disagree with me) Luna so I don't think that the teams were heavily balanced in favour of anyone hero wise.
Deja.Voo
Deja.Voo
Shaman

Back to top Go down

Post  Deja.Voo Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:49 am

and for one phrase reply sake no u
Deja.Voo
Deja.Voo
Shaman

Back to top Go down