Clan DoA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For PiB Carry list

+3
ssiterl
PIB
DR
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

For PiB Carry list - Page 2 Empty Re: For PiB Carry list

Post  Stankey Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:47 pm

well in last game necro cus of sa. But either i guess. O really where u working?? coolies man. Ive seen most people get vlads early on brood. Like they get treads,bkb/vlads, bfly last. Its mainly for buffing creeps and spiders for better pushing isnt it? But im saying, if you need to carry aswel as push, wud u not bother.
Stankey
Stankey
Chieftan

Back to top Go down

Post  DR Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:39 pm

I work at the uni as a glorified office boy >.>. Razz

Brood isn't picked solely for push, but also for strong offensive anti hero capability. Basically vlads should make a relatively small difference of how well brood can push. Brood can either push a lane alot due to enemy team having fail ganks/anti-push or they gank brood and brood dies. In which case what use is vlads? Thats just my logic though. It seems basing your item build around units with 18 damage and 400 hp just isn't very wise....

DR
Shaman

Back to top Go down

Post  Stankey Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:38 pm

well its also the fact that you have a crap load of spiders, and that they dont die as fast with lifesteal, and most of all, your creeps that will be pushing with you in your lane are also buffed. Thats my thought on why so many people get vlads on him. Also its still nice to have some life steal when your ulti isnt up (added bonus). Plus with brood your generally going a push strat.....(well a brood strat lol) so vlads is a nice item for pushing, along with a mek or two.
Stankey
Stankey
Chieftan

Back to top Go down

Post  DR Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:32 pm

17% life steal of 18 is 3 hp a hit. Your enemies will either have the the aoe to stop brood or they won't. If they don't vlads will just improve on the push power. If they do, then spider pushing becomes a moot point and you need to be able to kill enemy heroes, vlads isn't really a top offensive item Razz. Meka brood XD, I'm gonna take a guess you meant' soemoen else buy meka. The life steal is nice, but you've got yoru spiderlings to tank for you when your not in ult anyway Razz.

DR
Shaman

Back to top Go down

Post  Stankey Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:24 pm

People dont generally focus ur spiderlings lol. They tend to kill you. But yeah, im not saying its a massive buff for spiders, but the def buff is nice for creeps/spiders and life steal is a bonus (keeps ur creeps on higher hp for towers). But i get what you mean about having to be able to hero kill to be able to continue pushing your lane.
Stankey
Stankey
Chieftan

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidwhY Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:01 pm

Na doesn't semi carry, Na getting diffusal or butterfly or the likes is about as common as warlock going deso.

Vlads stacks with your ulti, gives you lifesteal when you arent in ulti, and as far as pushing goes, gives your spiders a nice armour aura (and creeps), as well as the general usefulness of it towards your team; the mana regen aura, +damage aura and armour aura
Lifesteal on spiders isn't really relevant, but the percentage of damage adds up pretty signficantly when you have 30 spiders or whatever. even if its only around +4 damage

brood is currently imba cause imba push is strong in the current map, and as an added bonus he can carry decently, altho he cant really full carry, yet i still wouldnt classify him as semi carry either.

vlads is generally a staple item for brood altho like many others i personally choose to delay it in favour of other items such as bkb treads first. skipping vlads completely is generally a bad idea but by all means its fine to do so. if you desperately need to fully carry as much as you can skip it for an earlier bkb, and further damage items, but usually you shouldnt need to that much

its a cheap item made up of small pieces, so for a hero that can farm pretty well and easily, i definitely wouldnt say its called basing your build around it if you get it.

DavidwhY

Back to top Go down

Post  Stankey Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:20 pm

omg hes found our forumn, yet he said stuff i agreed with for once. Maybe our confrontation is limited to running of leagues and not dota Razz
Stankey
Stankey
Chieftan

Back to top Go down

Post  Genkidesuka Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:53 pm

What have you got against Deso on warlock? I tried that in an IH and only failed because they had a much harder, more fed carry then us...

Genkidesuka
Shaman

Back to top Go down

Post  Stankey Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:17 pm

from the sounds of it he doesnt hate it, its just a rare build.
Stankey
Stankey
Chieftan

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidwhY Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:56 pm

I didn't say I hate it, but it's a very rare build that a warlock usually shouldn't be buying since warlock either fully supports by babysitting and warding/chick/crow, OR more rarely solos and buys a strong support item as fast as possible; usually guinsoo or book3. It's a "viable" build but a warlock really shouldnt be rushing a deso in a serious game, many other heros will benefit the team far more with that gold warlock is spending on deso instead of book 3/guinsoo, and if your lineup is one where warlock farming a deso is the best scenario then somethings seriously wrong, lol.

Its usually a fun build that people get in serious games only when they are definitely going to win and are already stomping.

and lol yes it seems stankey and i dont get along regarding running of ssdl but we are generally fine out of ssdl, on west and so on <3

DavidwhY

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2