Clan DoA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some Ihs from last night

5 posters

Go down

Some Ihs from last night Empty Some Ihs from last night

Post  DR Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:55 am

Got two replays for you guys. I know this isn't replay section, but since they were Doa inhouses Smile. I haven't looked at them yet, so Ill recall everything from memory! Pardon my attempts at humour Smile

Game 1:
In game 1, we have some epic sham man on sham man action. Ssiterl vs D_R! This game is rated as D_R fof (full of fail). The sham men first picked players by 1/1/1/1.

Ssiterl picks first! Picking xk_sx, one of his irl friends, and a player who did surprisingly well in the two previous semi IHs.

D_R picks doa-ninja, a new addition to the clan. Its pretty risky, D_R hasn't really seen him play, and only has a first impression to go on.

Ssiterl picks picks haven_ another irl friend, don't know what to say about his skill at this point, maybe he'll be a major player!

D_R picks A.venger, they've gamed alot together recently, and it looks like they have some synenergy, where D_R yells orders and A.venger follows, such teamwork Smile

Ssiterl picks sif, a player thats been around some

D_R picks dta, our infamous clan starter

Ssiterl picks Beckyo.o a new recruit to the clan (recruited not an hour before!) a friend of dta. Did I mention she is female? O_o

D_R last picks bone-reaper, clan sxc, its a forced choice as no one else to pick, how will he do?

Ssiterl hosts the game as cm2, since Ssiterl had first pick player, D_R has first ban hero.

Bans are SA, BM, NA, Puck, Es, Qop
Halt! At this point D_R cries “SIF!” It looks like Ssiterl really doesn’t want D_R to play QoP, as D_R seems to constantly play her
Bans continue chen/tide

Some extra comments on bans, D_R bans the SA a now world class pick, NA who is annoying as hell, ES + Chen as they are potentially devastating heroes

Ssiterl bans qop to annoy D_R and bans the rest because, he knows the kind of heroes D_R likes (I’m serious, I asked him later)

D_R has first pick
Warlock/Tree Dragon Knight/ Zeus Spectre/ Omni Lion/ Magnataur Meepo/ Shadow fiend
At this point it should be noted that Ssiterl is rather famous for playing shadow fiend.
We also see the first spectacular fail by D_R, he intended to pick meepo, but accidentally chose pitlord. Much amusement follows.
Lanes are

Sent
Lion Haven_ (top)
DK Xk_sx (top)
Sf ssiterl (mid)
Omni sif (bot)
Tree beckyo.o (bot)

Scourge
Warlock dta (top)
Spectre doa-ninja (top)
Zeus D_R (mid)
Mag bone-reaper (bot)
Pitlord a.venger (bot)

The two sham men go head to head in mid for some epic action, and with the second fail of the game D_R gives up first blood at Lvl 3.

And that’s where we stop folks, if you want the full game watch the replay Smile
More things to look out for:

While sent and scourge try to get into position for a gank, D_R cuts himself off and gets killed. What does D_R have to say about this? “As Qop I would have just blinked out”

Dta afks, when he returns the team goes into recession

Two team downs

D_R gets enough gold for guinsoo, fails to buy both times and dies

http://www.dota-allstars.com/replay/76384/index.html

Game 2:
Ssiterl and D_R once again have some epic sham man with sham man action as observers! Game mode is ap

Sentinel: Beckyo.os “Dream team”
Beckyo.o bristleback
Fuzzy_mcnugget warlock
Dta visage
Pib pitlord
Bone-reaper bloodseeker

Scourge:
A.venger windrunner
Karmisma_ skele king
Xk_sx crystal maiden
Haven_ ogre magi
Doa-ninja Sven

A recommended game VERY amusing Smile

http://www.dota-allstars.com/replay/76385/index.html

Some feed backguys? Smile Both on writing and game. And I'll definitely acknowledge my zeus has some weak points, I'll be watching the replay later myself to see where I went wrong.

DR
Shaman

Back to top Go down

Some Ihs from last night Empty Re: Some Ihs from last night

Post  Genkidesuka Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:38 pm

Deja: Personally i think it was totally pathetic and D_R noobed out...but i'll watch the replay and check anyway Very Happy Very Happy

Edit: Mkay well I think you're picks were pretty good cept i wouldnt have gone meepo i'd probably have had a prophet and put maggy top spec/warlock bot so the furion can creeep pull and let maggy solo which is important.

Edit: Interesting games at least people were moving around the map and there was more than 1kill per minute which is what I've been getting annoyed at lately. Some of the builds were interesting...And @DR no Blink on Zues? Blink is in on Zues again

Genki: I may as well just edit Deja's post instead of creating my own.

Picks were OK but lanes were weird... Double melee lanes on both teams game 1? Even with D_R failing at picking you should have sorted the lanes out... ie having Maggy solo mid and Zeus/PL bot. Maggy shouldn't ever have to dual, its not fair to him. Sent couldn't avoid the lanes with their lineup but picking Tree/DK first was a huge mistake... as can be shown by Scourge getting Warlock/Zeus/Spec and basically begging to have a global strat. Tree is definitely not firstpick material unless you're going huge AoE teamfights which obviously didn't happen. I definitely agree that Meepo would have been a weird pick and that Furion would be absolutely perfect to both finish the global strat and jungle to let zeus solo (bot, not mid Deja you fag).

Second game, looking at the Sent team, I'm not even going to bother to comment... Who did the picks?

And Blink Zeus was always amazing Very Happy

Genkidesuka
Shaman

Back to top Go down

Post  DEATH.TO.ALL Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:52 pm

oh god
oh god
oh god
oh god

Don't look at me (especially in the first replay)

Ok my excuse for both games is simple - im really really rusty. (shh please believe it Very Happy)

2n'd game was quite... interesting...

First game was a good match (notice how as soon as I come back everybody starts to die again)

DEATH.TO.ALL
Admin

https://clandoa.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  DR Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:03 pm

True, the lanes weren't exactly right, except I don't actually know how well doa-ninja and bone-reaper play spec and mag respectively. Ninja i've seen once, and only sparsely and reaper never. Its also for that reason I didn't choose furion, I know he'd make great for a global strat (mind you an early global strat would have furion sprout + tp, so assume you mean he'd pull). Of the players I had, I only had a relatively clear idea of how well they could play Dta and AV, as dta said, he is... rusty Razz, AV is competent. In such circumstance might be better to paly it safer?

It turns out pretty well that i did mispick meepo and get pit instead, since I'm not sure how things would have been otherwise. Since it is more of a "player" problem than hero.

2nd game people picked whatever they wanted, or randomed.

Was talking to voo about blink zeus together. He was talking about getting dagger then doing something like arc bolt, arc. Blink repeat. Then he said he would probably have it at as arcane + dagger or possibly rush dagger first. Hmmmm.... In the ganking stage I suppose if you rush, you dont have enough mana for everything... but two bolts + teammates would work. And if he had arcane he could do a full combo on someone.

But anyway my point is... if you have arcane AND dagger, at that stage in game you shouldnt be able to "solo" gank a hero with 2 bolts, 4 chains, if you add your ult, then possibly, but iffy. Also at that point who the hell is going to be so vulnerable? At day time if enemy wards, their own sight + awareness means you wont get close enough to start. I mean, thats the whole point of getting dagger on lina, you cant land your stun without surprise, so thats why you blink. Also, lina deals considerably more burst damage.

The only real reason I can see for getting blink is if you have a blink teammate for gank partner, or waiting till all the big ults are thrown then jump in (but you can position yourself well so you dont need the blink for that...).

Do you have any good replays of a blink zeus?

I mean, I can think of some very useful times to have blink, and i'll be trying a blink zeus. Hmmm, I've thought about it some more, and it sounds better and better, haven't had a chance to try yet, since the game where i picked zeus ended in 12 minutes >.>.

Hmmm, blink is so cool, I'd already get him on a few heroes, why not zeus as well Razz, also lead to some interesting ideas that I need a partner to try with O_o.

DR
Shaman

Back to top Go down

Post  Genkidesuka Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:13 am

Genki: Blink is amazing on Zeus because most of his damage output and survivability comes from positioning. Bolt has a massive range and getting Blink removes the need for Zeus to be anywhere near the fray, and therefore the need to get much hp.

Genkidesuka
Shaman

Back to top Go down

Post  DR Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:47 am

His cast range for arc + bolt is 700... the only reason it appears long range is because when people see zeus coming they run, but zeus castpoint already reached. Also its not hp i would worry about its mana.

DR
Shaman

Back to top Go down

Post  Stankey Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:24 pm

wow that was long, i got up to reading D_R's reply lol. I tried to read it ok, i tried.

We also see the first spectacular fail by D_R, he intended to pick meepo, but accidentally chose pitlord. Much amusement follows.

That was gold

Last edited by Stankey on Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Stankey
Stankey
Chieftan

Back to top Go down

Post  PIB Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:25 pm

Sigh all this feedback yet nothing on the fact that pit had devine rapier with lothas/bkb to survive MUHAHAHAH
PIB
PIB
Shaman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum