Clan DoA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The axe

3 posters

Go down

The axe Empty The axe

Post  DR Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:24 pm

Saw a really interesting competitive game. As you know it seems rather pub for an axe to go ahead in lane to kill the creeps, since it ends up denying your teams laner in that lane of xp/gold. But in this case I saw a team that was built around it.

They had
axe, leshrac, luna, enchant.
on sent team.
Leshrac soloed bot, luna soloed mid,
Axe did the creep pulling, warlock stuck close to him, enchant jungled and came along occasionally.

They had the top two scourge towers down extremely quickly, and scourges top soloer had a real hard time. They did lose the game, but the strat was still very good. IMO just individual + team issues.

Your thoughts?

DR
Shaman

Back to top Go down

The axe Empty Re: The axe

Post  Stankey Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:41 pm

i duno i guess it could work. Was he vs a ranged solo? If they had 2 range top and their solo was mid the axe wuda been in trouble. By the range thing, i mean they wont get wasted by axes spin, but can still deal dmg to him.
Stankey
Stankey
Chieftan

Back to top Go down

Post  DR Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:55 pm

Scourge was Qop solo top, lion + spectre mid, zeus + necrolyte bot

I think sent was hoping to have chen instead of enchantress, but chen was banned.
It is rare that you'd have two ranged heroes in you "strong" lane, due to a mix of things.

It was that axe would wipe out the creep wave, since warlock is right beside him, QoP couldn't really harass since warlock can win out, and if axe runs at qop, qop has to get out so no good there. Once the sent creeps got to the tower , lock and axe are in a position to go to harass her, as she has very few options.

Axe had double stouts, one tango set + 2 pots. The pots and tango came from his team members. The scourge top tower went down in 3 or 4 minutes. And axe had a cs 6 times the number of minutes. Qop had a terrible early game farm.

Later on scourge pretty much out played sent, but the early game impact was pretty devastating. Tbh, the enchant that game did pretty badly, like terribly underleveled, not sure if on purpose or what, but even if they put the spec + lion up top instead, if they enchant had played well it might have gone just as bad or worse (qop has blink to get out of trouble at least)

DR
Shaman

Back to top Go down

Post  Genkidesuka Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:18 pm

He couldn't level because he was suiciding creeps onto the tower. As long as he has enchant level 1 he doesn't actually need anything else to help axe/warlock push the fuck out of scourge. Axe got Vanguard/HoD in something like 10 mins which was pretty op considering he could outregen harass in about 2 seconds.

It's a strat that really only works if there's a solo top.

Genkidesuka
Shaman

Back to top Go down

Post  DR Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:48 pm

Imo, shoudlnt' have done that, because she just became food. It probalby would have worked against two heroes top, because then enchant would acutally do something.

DR
Shaman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum