Clan DoA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Hero

4 posters

Clan DoA :: DotA :: DotA

Go down

New Hero Empty New Hero

Post  Stankey Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:54 pm

Like him? Dont like him?
Balanced? Imbalanced?
If hes imba what would you change?
Stankey
Stankey
Chieftan

Back to top Go down

New Hero Empty Re: New Hero

Post  bjchance Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:27 am

A lot of people say's he's OP or imba, but I disagree. The only thing I think he would need nerf'd on is his missile move. I think adding a maximum range to each level would be nice.

Other than that his stat growth isn't spectacular and other than his first skill, the slight AoE microstun, he doesnt have any killer moves. His ulti is fun but only decent damage, though it provides great placement.

So overall, IMHO, I think he's fairly balanced and could possibly use a buff to his stats if nothing else.
bjchance
bjchance
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mcbastard Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:46 pm

not really a hero that can become pawnage late game imo.
his moves are average.
rockets only do 200 dmg in late game its pretty much useless late game
ministun move can be useful in the right situation but mostly will be weak most situations and again pretty much useless late game
hook can be useful as a placement as bj said but thats about it.

overall average skills, although his str increase makes him pretty tank early game.
mcbastard
mcbastard
Peon

Back to top Go down

Post  Stankey Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:30 pm

I duno throw a battlefury on him and maybe a s&y or something. bounce weeeeeeeeeee. sorry lol. Hes a awesome ganking hero though. The fact that his hook area stuns is awesome, gives you time to cast ministun before they get out of range (or u can cast before hand). his ministun late game is useful as, especially 1v1. You just need items 2 get rid of creeps, hence i get battlefury, and a radience if im rich and bored lol. Then u get rid of all around so u can just stun the hero. Then s&y is cool for speed for following and for the maim 2 finish off once stun runs out. Its kinda hard 2 attack just with the stun on if they are running (esp if hes fast) like razor or something. Ive got some funny kills with his rockets, should watch the replay. I rocketed a venge on low hp bot lane from mid. Then had him on red, waited for c/d and rocketed him in base by raxes and got the kill lolz.
Stankey
Stankey
Chieftan

Back to top Go down

Post  bjchance Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:35 am

He's a fun hero and all, but he just doesn't have that late game potential that most heroes have. I think they should get rid of his battery cog move or whatever and put in something a wee bit more useful. Something that has to do with a clock lol.
bjchance
bjchance
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Stankey Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:57 pm

Yeah that move is gay, i dont get it. Maybe give him something passive. An aura or %chance for something. Hes got enough cast stuff.
Stankey
Stankey
Chieftan

Back to top Go down

Post  mcbastard Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:43 am

i dunno yesterday i played against one and he used that cog move to push a kotl into a wall and he got trapped as his team mates completely raped the kotl Twisted Evil
you can also use it to trap your opponents in it and own him, but most of the time you get owned yourself. silent
clockword goblin works best with heroes who can slow bounce boing boing boing
mcbastard
mcbastard
Peon

Back to top Go down

Post  bjchance Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:03 pm

His aoe stun can be pretty OP.
bjchance
bjchance
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  PIB Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:37 pm

a nice guy i found out against him so far was Dk, first time i usd him for ages though, got heart and hood, with insane regen and stun his trap didnt do much, the mini stuns dont work well on dk wen in dragon mode. " the thing with his trap that some ppl dont realise is that if u just sit there you wont take dmg, so if other person can me cycolned or stunned u would prob be sweet"
PIB
PIB
Shaman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down