Clan DoA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Playing WC3 in windows

Go down

Playing WC3 in windows Empty Playing WC3 in windows

Post  Crypt Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:00 pm

Something I've found useful is playing WC3 in windowed mode, because I can see if someone messages me on MSN or whatever. Its pretty easy to do, and good when you're watching replays etc. so I thought I'd share it with you all.

*Note* this is for XP only (I think) I havent got any other OS running so I cant really help much in Vista or w/e. Also I think it works for other games as well, although not 100% sure.

Making the Shortcut
1. Find your FT shortcut. Copy and paste a new one somewhere easy to find and call
this "FT windowed mode" or whatever you want to call it.
2. Right Click it, click properties.
3. At the end of the "Target" form box, type -window
e.g. for me "E:\Programs\Warcraft 3\Frozen Throne.exe" -window
4. Now if you just double click this new shortcut, it will load WC3 in a window, however,
if you try playing a game, you might find the mouse keeps going outside the screen,
so...

WindowTools
Basically we have this very handy program called "Window Tools" which pretty much forces your mouse cursor to stay inside the current screen.

Download Link - http://zelks.com/dondump/WindowTools2.00.exe

So basically you run your WC3, adjust the size to your liking, then run Window Tools and this will force your mouse to stay inside the window, so you can play Dota without having the mouse go outside the screen.

*Tip* To get out of the WC3 window (since the mouse only stays inside the WC3 window) keep up like a Windows explorer or My computer window up or w/e so you can alt tab and then "Pause Script" on the little Icon in your desktray to stop WindowTools.

Hope that was useful

Crypt
Grunt

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum