Clan DoA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jungling

+3
PIB
DEATH.TO.ALL
Stankey
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Jungling Empty Jungling

Post  Stankey Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:29 pm

I so far can jungle relatively well with axe, centaur and brood. I used to jungle with beastmaster, but havent done that in a while. Find it harder as he takes most of the dmg and is mana dependent. Was wondering of any other heroes i should consider learning to jungle with that would be useful for scrims etc.
Stankey
Stankey
Chieftan

Back to top Go down

Jungling Empty Re: Jungling

Post  DEATH.TO.ALL Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:55 pm

dota-allstars.com has a really good post on which heros can jungle well and which cant. It will be in their strategy section.

DEATH.TO.ALL
Admin

https://clandoa.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Stankey Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:17 pm

yea but i mean heroes that are actually good for wars etc. Ones worth learning. Like i know undying can jungle, but i probly wouldnt pick him in a war.
Stankey
Stankey
Chieftan

Back to top Go down

Post  PIB Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:34 am

Hey, Why wouldn't you want undying in a 5v5 scrim or war? Undying - good at start if you dont feed your minions to the opp, aura makes a nice annoying constant harassing and with a heart later can make a mean support melee player
PIB
PIB
Shaman

Back to top Go down

Post  Stankey Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:43 am

Wouldnt have to worry bout feeding minions, cause id be jungling... But i just dont see him as being too strong. He has no disble or stun, and hes not big on the dps side. He isnt really a tank in the centaur or tide meaning of the word tank, he has a slow which i guess is ok. But if you take him out of any team, and put in an earthshaker or treant, im sure your going to be better off. you need more than being "annoying" in wars digs lol.

The other heroes i would have no problem using in a war, brood as a dps carry, axe tank, cent tank. If our team is pushing, its kind of hard for them to charge in at us, when theres a 4k hp centaur with radience, bfury, stun etc. He just doesnt die. And if you blink cent or axe in and stun / beserker call. The radience and either the thorns aura or the counter helix, just pwns. Not to meantion the rest of your team can be pwning them this whole time.
Stankey
Stankey
Chieftan

Back to top Go down

Jungling Empty Have to query you bro about something you mentioned in your last message.....

Post  PIB Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:08 pm

Undead skills for aoe dmg:

Soul Rip
Redirects the flow of living energy through a target friend or foe, damaging them or healing them depending on how many units are near it. 25 for each unit.
Level 1 - 5 max
Level 2 - 10 max
Level 3 - 15 max
Level 4 - 20 max
Cooldown: 30
Manacost: 50/75/100/125

Heartstopper Aura
The Dirge's deathly air stills the hearts of his opponents, causing them to lose 1% of their max health over time.

Level 1 - 250 AoE
Level 2 - 500 AoE
Level 3 - 750 AoE
Level 4 - 1000 AoE

Plague
Infects the target with a plague. Reduces movement speed by 25% and amplifies incoming damage. Infects other units that come within range of a plagued unit.

Level 1 - 20% Extra Damage
Level 2 - 25% Extra Damage
Level 3 - 30% Extra Damage.

Cooldown: 45
Manacost: 100/125/150
PIB
PIB
Shaman

Back to top Go down

Post  PIB Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:22 pm

Surely Plauge with Heartstopper Aura is a good steady aoe dps, slowing, enhancing dmg taken and spreadable.
then Soul rip with 600 dmg in a team gank.... Shiva could always help out, And the more hp the op hero has, the more dmg it takes p/s with Undeads aura
PIB
PIB
Shaman

Back to top Go down

Post  Stankey Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:27 pm

Yea the 600dmg (actually 650 if ur usin the dmg amp, if that works on spells?), thats assuming you have 25 units around. not much good if your chasing someone 2v1 or something. I guess radience and 1% degen can be annoying, but i stress the word "annoying". By the time you get to late game some heroes could probably regenerate 1% of hp a second. I know my alchemist the other nite was regening about 100hp a sec, which with 3200hp is 3% a second regen.

That was a funny game though. I was attacking a rax while zues, ts and invoker were attacking/casting at me and i killed the rax and escaped with orange hp lol. I could almost regen as fast as they dmged me. He farms so damn fast. I had BoT, radience, Bfury, Satanic, Heart, hood. Got hood cus they had 4 intels lol.
Stankey
Stankey
Chieftan

Back to top Go down

Post  PIB Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:49 pm

thought someone mentioned that Alche was just a punching bag....
PIB
PIB
Shaman

Back to top Go down

Post  Stankey Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:00 pm

he is, hes a pro punching bag though lol. I have started using his stun now. I have realised that it actually owns up. Especially cus you actually can catch up after he is stunned because ur ulti addds +60 move speed.
Stankey
Stankey
Chieftan

Back to top Go down

Post  DEATH.TO.ALL Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:57 pm

heros to jungle with: beastmaster, Terror Blade, Bristleback.
those are the three war heros which are best to jungle with

DEATH.TO.ALL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Stankey Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:25 pm

i have seen a guide on bristleback jungling, it was for scourge, with the old creeps though lol. But yeah basically got basillus, then bottle and just quill spray ftw with some nicely timed stacking and creep pulling. I was thinking of trying him next.

Wats the deal with terrorblade? Just get stat items and get life drain and images?

Ive tried beastmaster quite a bit. He is still pretty hard i reakon. You just run outa damn mana for ur axes.
Stankey
Stankey
Chieftan

Back to top Go down

Post  DR Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:36 pm

If you have seen the way merlini jungles with BM, you rely on your creeps to do everything pretty much. You really need to keep a good mana pool in reserve in case someone interrupts you/ ally suddenly needs help. The skill in bm really I find is being able to draw the next camps creeps to the current camp you are at, just as the current neutral creeps die so your treants/ghouls move onto the next camp. My record for lvl 6 is 9 minutes 26, except thats with failing, so I imagine a well played one could do better. The best I've seen is 7:20 (lvl 6, bottle, 1200 gold), but that is only on the 6.48b isnt possible for 6.51b

DR
Shaman

Back to top Go down

Post  Stankey Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:15 am

The other major advantage of beastmaster, is you can destroy trees with your axes, allowing you to stack 2 creep camps at the same time. You can also run towards one creep camp, throw your axes to dmg them, then run behind the creeps that were following you and they get hit by them also. Once you get lvl 7 with a bottle, your pretty sweet, with lvl 4 axes, and a hawk to check rune for you. I just hate it when its at the wrong side first lol, but u just get 1 of ur team 2 get it before the next 2 min mark comes.
Stankey
Stankey
Chieftan

Back to top Go down

Post  DR Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:29 pm

You can also eat trees with a tango? Razz
Also I notice with junglers, they tend to all get to real low hp (pros too), so thats something to keep in mind.

DR
Shaman

Back to top Go down

Post  DEATH.TO.ALL Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:46 pm

Yes they do but thats why you have a hawk/early wards. To protect against ganks.
THE WAY TO BEAT A JUNGLER IS TO TAKE 10 SEC FROM A LANE AND GO KILL HIM.

DEATH.TO.ALL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DR Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:12 pm

I have to say though, even some of the top players screwed up. In a game their jungle centaur died twice to neutrals Razz

DR
Shaman

Back to top Go down

Post  Stankey Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:00 pm

other way 2 beat junglers is to ward their creep spots so they dont spawn lol.
Stankey
Stankey
Chieftan

Back to top Go down

Post  PIB Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:44 pm

lol oh really, hmmm thats a fun idea to try do,
Yay another annoying tactic i can try
PIB
PIB
Shaman

Back to top Go down

Post  DEATH.TO.ALL Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:29 am

I did that in an IH when creamandballz was jungling. I fucking raped him. (noob)

DEATH.TO.ALL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  PIB Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:28 am

DEATH.TO.ALL wrote:I did that in an IH when creamandballz was jungling. I fucking raped him. (noob)

lol good idea
PIB
PIB
Shaman

Back to top Go down

Post  Stankey Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:37 pm

Its a real bitch lol, cus if u dont want 2 buy a gem, you have 2 buy sentry wards. And put them not so close that they stop respawns, but close enough so you can see their obervers lol. And thats not easy if you dont know the zones well. I dont know the new scourge ones, but i know the sent ones pretty good.
Stankey
Stankey
Chieftan

Back to top Go down

Post  Genkidesuka Sun May 11, 2008 7:36 pm

DR wrote:I have to say though, even some of the top players screwed up. In a game their jungle centaur died twice to neutrals Razz

Most of the time there is nothing wrong with suiciding against neutrals, as long as you've spent all of your gold on the team chicken first. Its much faster than running to fountain. I'm sure it was deliberate because it is usually quite difficult to die to neutrals accidentally as a pro Razz

The heroes I'd jungle with in a war would be Centaur, Rexxar, Bristleback, Terrorblade, maybe Chen. Other heroes such as Maggy can jungle too if necessary, but nowhere near as effectively.

Genkidesuka
Shaman

Back to top Go down

Post  Stankey Sun May 11, 2008 8:39 pm

im still not sure on tb starting jungle from lvl 1. he can take on the low lvl group, but put him up against 2 furbys and ur in trouble.
Stankey
Stankey
Chieftan

Back to top Go down

Post  Stankey Mon May 12, 2008 5:23 pm

any1 know of a good tb jungle guide? or just some hints? Ill have a look on you tube now lolz.
Stankey
Stankey
Chieftan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next