Clan DoA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Queen of Pain

5 posters

Go down

Queen of Pain Empty Queen of Pain

Post  Stankey Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:55 pm

Just thought i would ask for people queen of pain builds, because i know there are many. I have a few i use depending on the game, well i should say a few items, that i get in different orders depending on the game lol. Also skill builds, been arguing with someone recently over whether or not you should get lvl 1 poisin dagger or not get it at all.
Stankey
Stankey
Chieftan

Back to top Go down

Queen of Pain Empty Re: Queen of Pain

Post  DEATH.TO.ALL Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:37 pm

linkens, skadi, sceptre, shiva, BoT, 2 bracers if your dying early
skill: blink, shadowstrike, howl, howl, howl, wave, howl, blink/stats, blink/stats etc

for item build the only two i have rigidly in position are linkens and skadi. after that ill go for any of the others depending on what the game calls for although skadi can be replaced by shiva if you can farm up an early mystic staff then get pers, mystic, shiva, linken, and carry on.

DEATH.TO.ALL
Admin

https://clandoa.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Stankey Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:10 am

Yeah thats my skill build aswell, but ive been hasteld for the shadowstrike thing lol. Apparently it only red move speed by like 5% or something. So you dont worry about getting nulls or something at the start? so that you actually have enough of a mana pool for all your spells?
Stankey
Stankey
Chieftan

Back to top Go down

Post  bjchance Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:18 pm

ORDER OF ITEMS:

2x Cirlcets 2x Clarity's 4x Tangos

Finish Two Bracers (Refill consumables if necessary) + Boots

Point Booster > Energy Booster > Vita Booster
(following is depending on farming)
Finish Aghanims/BoT (BoT if your already killing fine)
Finish the above that wasnt completed.
Mystic Staff > Shiva's

Summary So far: Shiva's, BoT, Aghanims, 2 Bracers.

Depending items:
Mjollnir: If your killing quite a bit or being aimed at this is a good item. Increases your ability to kill as you have naturally high dmg.

Heart: If you just plain want tankability+hp regen

Sheep Stick: Need the extra disable+stats+mana regen.

Linkens: Ehhh...Once again never been a big fan but if you have that one guy that just keeps nuking you (ex: str stunner (sk sven ect) that it could help.

Items I would NEVER advise!

Skadi: NO NO NO! Skadi is a BIG no no on Akasha. Money can be spent on much better items and skadi is NOT one of them! The cost is TO much to waste on Akasha. If your dying to much replace a bracer with a Heart, sheep stick or Linkens, but most likely you will be fine from Aghanims. If you need more mana, wait wtf ITS AN INTEL HERO get sheep stick aghanims shivas orchid SOMETHING BESIDES SKADI!. Need more regen? Again to many items to name that are way cheaper. All in all the only possible way you would want this is if you needed the slow, in which case you would shadow strike, blink in and shivas/howl, and then maybe finish it up with a sheep stick. Bottom Line: Skadi Is not for AKASHA!

Vanguard: While a lot of people that I've seen actually get a vanguard on Akasha I personally feel it unnecessary. It is a decent item on her, but your better off with a point booster.
bjchance
bjchance
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DEATH.TO.ALL Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:50 pm

skadi... hmm ok yea
BUT GET SHIVA AS A FIRST ITEM NOT SCEPTER IN THAT CASE

Heart is actually ok. Ill try that some time

DEATH.TO.ALL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Stankey Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:43 pm

u still need to at least get the soul booster before you go for linkens, otherwise u will firstly die, and secondly wont have mana to cast the damn linkens. Yeah i like skadi for the slow, without having to have a shiva AND a guinsoo AND level 4 shadowstirke. It also gives you more attack speed and hp, you need once your spells become more obsolete. I know u saying heart for hp, but none of those items give attack speed. Plus to have the same effect as a skadi (slow) which costs 6650 total, you nead a heart, shiva and guinsoo which total is 15,875 gold. thats a bit more money if u ask me. you could get the skadi for a bit more than the heart and then have either a shiva or a guinsoo for lots less than the 15,875.
Stankey
Stankey
Chieftan

Back to top Go down

Post  bjchance Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:33 pm

Stankey wrote:u still need to at least get the soul booster before you go for linkens, otherwise u will firstly die, and secondly wont have mana to cast the damn linkens. Yeah i like skadi for the slow, without having to have a shiva AND a guinsoo AND level 4 shadowstirke. It also gives you more attack speed and hp, you need once your spells become more obsolete. I know u saying heart for hp, but none of those items give attack speed. Plus to have the same effect as a skadi (slow) which costs 6650 total, you nead a heart, shiva and guinsoo which total is 15,875 gold. thats a bit more money if u ask me. you could get the skadi for a bit more than the heart and then have either a shiva or a guinsoo for lots less than the 15,875.

Um what? I really didn't follow a thing you said. My attack against getting it for slow, is that you WILL at some point in the game have lvl 4 shadow strike. Having that and shiva's is more than enough, and if your farming well enough a guinsoo is easy to farm. Next thing: I said you could get heart if you wanted the extra tankability, aghanims basically covers your need for health, thus is the reason I put it as my first item. To have the same effect as skadi? What are you talking about? First thing, skadi adds about 70 hp more than aghanims and about 400 less mana. Shiva's obviously beats the 2.4 armor or whatnot that skadi gives, and if you WERE to get a heart you would have another 1000+hp.

So we've come to this conclusion: Skadi beats aghanims in the Health portion by approx.70-90 hp but losses in the mana portion by about 400.
Skadi costs 6750, Aghanims costs 6000
Also Sheep stick adds more dmg than skadi and a much larger amount of mana+mana regen and a health booster, but not a grand health boost.

All in all I believe Aghanims a better choice than Skadi and other items are a better next in line choice than skadi.

p.s.
Skadi adds attackspeed? Since when? It justs adds 25 to agility, which yes is attackspeed in translation, but didn't I put mjollnir as one of my alterate items?
bjchance
bjchance
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Stankey Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:41 pm

I said you need shiva, shadow and guinsoo to slow and i meant to add the price of those two items up, but instead i threw in heart aswel by accident lol. I was trying to say that you can get a guinsoo and a shiva which cost more than a skadi, for the ability to slow them for long enough to kill them. Plus you loose out on stats by having to get lvl 4 shadow early. I shouldnt have added the heart in there, was a mistake.

Yes i do get anghims, but i think qop still dies to quickly with just an anghims and is in need of more hp than that. i normally get anghims as my first item, then i would either get guinsoo next or skadi depending on the game.

Well ill just give you my build.

I do the same skills build as DTA said before.

I get boots, 3 nulls and either a bottle if im going to be ganking (and am in mid lane) or a void if i just need the regen. Then i get soul booster, then finish anghims. Then if i need a disable for someone like void/troll or wateva i get guinsoo or if i dont i get skadi, so i can easily blink slow, blink slow, and kill any low hp hero that doesnt have an escape, for example dazzle/sniper wateva. Then i either get the other of the two items i just mentioned or i get linkens, orchid or maybe shiva. But as i say, i still think there are definately times that call for qop to get a skadi. I have seen qop dominate games even going straight for skadi.
Stankey
Stankey
Chieftan

Back to top Go down

Post  bjchance Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:09 pm

"Plus you loose out on stats by having to get lvl 4 shadow early. "

Nope, whoever said max ss early? Heres my skill build

Shadow Strike
Blink
Howl of Pain
Howl of Pain
Howl of Pain
Ultimate
Howl of Pain
Blink x 3
Ultimate < Thats up to level 11
12-15 Stats
Ultimate
16-20Stats
Shadow Strike x3
Finish Stats
bjchance
bjchance
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Stankey Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:38 pm

Its all well and good saying that you dont get it early. But then you dont have a decent slow from shadow strike for most of the game.
Stankey
Stankey
Chieftan

Back to top Go down

Post  DEATH.TO.ALL Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:51 pm

Which is why you get shiva.
Get 2 bracers, boots and a mystic staff.
The blink can keep you out of any trouble and the platemale when you get it really helps raise your HP (EHP)

DEATH.TO.ALL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Stankey Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:48 am

Yeah, i just like having more mana early game so i can use howl for farming, and blink whenever i feel like it, to get round the map quicker. And gank before someone calls you missing from ur lane etc. I just hate being like half way through the game before i have to stop worrying about mana.
Stankey
Stankey
Chieftan

Back to top Go down

Post  bjchance Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:08 am

I still say nulls/bracers are vital early game if you do not get point booster. I personally say point booster is a MUST early game to compensate for your low health and mana. Once you get point booster you can take a hit or two.
bjchance
bjchance
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Stankey Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:06 pm

Yeah i guess that could overcome both the mana and health problem, just would have to do something about the mana regen. So maybe get like a chicken and some tangos at the start, and maybe a nulls, just for some early stats. Then do the point booster thing, then a void stone, then make soul booster. that should take care of ur hp and mana probs. then from there you can do whatever. the void stone can eventually go to a guinsoo, or a linkens if you need it. the soul booster, obvioulsy anghims. You could even make a bloodstone for a while until you can make anghims and linkens.

Otherwise once you have soul booster and void, you could get shiva or skadi. then go on to finish your anghims and guinsoo. I still need to try shiva on qop, i dont think i have ever got it on her. Think i have only tried it once on sandking aswel, that was good fun.
Stankey
Stankey
Chieftan

Back to top Go down

Post  bjchance Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:32 am

Shiva is suprisingly good on CW too, though I'm not sure I would advise it for an IH. Try it once in a pub or something, centaur with shiva is pretty damn deadly.
bjchance
bjchance
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DEATH.TO.ALL Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:40 pm

bjchance wrote:Shiva is suprisingly good on CW too, though I'm not sure I would advise it for an IH. Try it once in a pub or something, centaur with shiva is pretty damn deadly.

I am deadly with shiva, i was going to get it in a 1v1 (viper) verse one of Typherions friends who wanted to join DoA. Last game i played viper i got 1-0-10... fucking pubs

DEATH.TO.ALL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  AlkatraZ Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:56 pm

You know what you should get with Pain tho...

Buriza and Heart. I mean of course get the other items you guys have mentioned before like Sceptor which is mean on QoP but after all them, get Buriza then Heart to finish off the last inventory.

Buriza will kick anyone's ass when QoP has it, u know why? cos you poison, which slows, u do ~3 hits on them before they can get to you, and out of those 3 hits, u should be able to get one crit which should be around 4 hundred and something (probably reaching 500) damage by the time u have buriza, then u howl, then pretty much the cunt's dying, i.e. will turn around n start to run, blin,k hit, wave = dead.

I've had buriza for every QoP i've had and always come out with 10+ kills : <2 deaths.
A few games, Ive went straight to buriza, bypassing the vitality/energy/point boosters and sceptors.

Then again, they were pub games, so this may not apply to wars and scrims.

AlkatraZ

Back to top Go down

Post  bjchance Sat Mar 22, 2008 3:48 am

Some people enjoy the buriza/lifesteal combo on QoP, but I must push the fact that this is only a great pub build. I've personally never seen it used in competitive gameplay but that does not mea its not possible. Most INT heros have high base damamge making them candidiates for adding attackspeed/crit and QoP is no exception with the ability to chase, yet there are other item choices that can make her just as deadly as getting off the ocasional crit.
bjchance
bjchance
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DEATH.TO.ALL Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:43 am

crit = mediocre
lifesteal = HELL NO

There are much better orbs to get than lifesteal, malestrom, deso, even though i dont like deso on QoP.
If you want to get a satanic for HP, get a skadi/heart.

DEATH.TO.ALL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  bjchance Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:24 am

My point, DTA, wasn't that either are prime items for her. My point was saying that nearly any int hero can make somewhat use of crit because of their relatively high base damage. Lifesteal is also "do-able" because they can leech 20-30 easily per hit.

I personally don't like either on many int heros, but thats just imo.
bjchance
bjchance
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Genkidesuka Tue May 13, 2008 9:26 am

QoP should always get Guinsoos (and maybe even Euls) - thats a given. To be able to blink in and save someone with sheep is brilliant, but to turn that into a kill (which QoP often does) is even better.

Gets a bit hazier after then, I like Linkens on her (post buff) so by the time you get Guinsoos/Linkens/BoT(/Euls) the game should be over anyway.

Genkidesuka
Shaman

Back to top Go down

Post  DEATH.TO.ALL Tue May 13, 2008 3:51 pm

I dont like guinsoos for the fact that it takes too long to build up.
Skadi gives you +stats and hp/mana before you get skadi, shiva gives you +mana and +dmg, guinsoos gives you nothing like that.

DEATH.TO.ALL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Genkidesuka Tue May 13, 2008 4:40 pm

DEATH.TO.ALL wrote:I dont like guinsoos for the fact that it takes too long to build up.
Skadi gives you +stats and hp/mana before you get skadi, shiva gives you +mana and +dmg, guinsoos gives you nothing like that.

Sure, its costly, but for a decent QoP (like a solo one), it shouldn't take too long and everything benefits you tremendously. You can never have enough mana regen, gives you some str and agi and of course a lot of int, and most importantly, the sheep makes or breaks games.

Shivas is okay but against any decent team you're going to get stunlocked and killed. I don't mind skadi but it doesn't really help you all that much; it just gives you stats.

Genkidesuka
Shaman

Back to top Go down

Post  Stankey Tue May 13, 2008 5:30 pm

in an ideal build i dont know if i would get guinsoo first, but in games i have been qop in recently (which is like 3 times in the last week lol). All 3 times i have got guinsoo first, because we really needed it. Probably because i was the only or one of two intels. I know one game they had a void that needed disabling. Shiva and skadi dont help much vs void really, well as much as a guinsoo does.

And guinsoo does give u dmg bryon lol.
Stankey
Stankey
Chieftan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum