Clan DoA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Drafting Strats 2

4 posters

Go down

Drafting Strats 2 Empty Drafting Strats 2

Post  Deja.Voo Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:24 am

I was just wondering what goes through peoples minds when they are drafting. I sorta tend not to think about an overall strategy unless its a lineup I've though up before or maybe just a 3-4 hero combination that might work well. But generally i just try to get some strong heroes and maybe think of lane ideas as i take them, like my last few picks are probably just lane partners for my duos or realising i've got two solos, a jungle. I think of roles when picking prefering to have a clear carry and then some heroes that won't be needing to take farm off the carry.

So what about you guys do you have preset lineups when you draft? Do you try for a set strategy e.g. Pushing, Early Rosh Very Happy Also anyone got any new hero ideas I know i picked ogre in an IH or two which wasn't amazingly new I know but it was different also I've got a few ideas that I'll keep to myself for now but I'm sure they'll make interesting picks alien
Deja.Voo
Deja.Voo
Shaman

Back to top Go down

Drafting Strats 2 Empty Re: Drafting Strats 2

Post  ssiterl Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:25 am

i dnt know if dis is gonna work but ban silencer
and then...
seer vacumn or w/l ult then vacumn for mag
then mag blinks in and ult
lich ult
then sf ult

lol
its always just in words
so i dnt know if its gonna work
sf solo
and melee+range for lines i guess..

ssiterl
Shaman

Back to top Go down

Post  Deja.Voo Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:31 am

Well in that lineup you've got maggy and sf so i'd probably solo both and have ds jungle SF would probably take mid and have ds jungle yours unless you've got something really ganky at top which might be possible considering you've got lich and then maggy just solo bot, I might try throw in qop or something like puck if you could get him although really anything would do cause you've got enough carry with maggy sf and lich can wardbitch for you so yea that could work pretty well, although I've developed a pretty big thing against teams that are based around aoe rape
Deja.Voo
Deja.Voo
Shaman

Back to top Go down

Post  DR Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:23 am

Unless I have a clear idea in mind, its just pick as I go. I prefer power play to counter play though.

DR
Shaman

Back to top Go down

Post  Stankey Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:16 pm

ive mentioned how i pick in a previous post. With the power/counter play thing, when i say i counter, i mean like if they have zues qop and NA i make sure i dont go picking 2 or 3 low hp heroes for them to feed off. Stuff like that. Or if they have silencer i wont go getting heaps of spell dependent heroes. Simple stuff like that. Occasionally i mite get a counter, but i mean its 1 hero to stop 1 hero so it mite not be worth it. But if you can get puck that will counter say 3 heroes then its sure worth it.
Stankey
Stankey
Chieftan

Back to top Go down

Post  Deja.Voo Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:06 am

Also was wondering if anyone had any ideas on heroes to use like I picked Chaos Knight in a IH game me and genki played in today which went rather well if I do say so myself granted I failed at solo mid Visage but in my defence I was against a Tinker with CM aura arguably the strongest solo in the game. But yea I was also thinking of using Undying just trying to fit him into a lineup thats the issue. And after watching some of the Asian dota scene I'm also quite keen to try out panda again as he seems to have come back in having not seen him since .48
Deja.Voo
Deja.Voo
Shaman

Back to top Go down

Post  DR Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:52 am

Panda never really shined in 6.48b, but I've been thinking about him too. CM, is a hero that is worth trying, death prophet ? I'm biased against undying though.

DR
Shaman

Back to top Go down

Post  Stankey Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:31 am

biased against, as in you dont like him? I think undying is one of those heroes that can be very strong or very useless depending on the game. So when he is picked, and how he is used is kind of crucial. I have jungled with him a couple of times, and its pretty easy. I think it could work having him jungle with ring of bas, and having cm in the lineup to boost his mana for zombies, as he is pretty reliant on them for jungle. The bassilus also gives a nice bonus to his zombies. You done have to worry about his health as much as you do mana, because the zombies heal him. But it would still be nice to have a tango set for cutting through trees to get between camps faster etc, and a bit of extra heal, so he can tank while zombies do dmg (rather than dying). Now that i say that, it reminded me of the ih i watched from that replay you put up, genki was chen jungle, he wud enchant a creep, but just let it attack until it died and enchant another one, rather then taking a bit of the damage himself, so your creep can last longer (putting your own hp regen to some use). Thoughts?

Panda is a cool counter bash rape heroes like void etc, and he can tank with a decent stomp/slow. Thats about the end of his usefullness. There are other heroes that can provide those some things, but with a bit extra. I probably wouldnt pick him therefore unless i needed him as a counter.

Chaos knight i think is an awesome hero for ih/war. Ive seen him used his fair share. A nice targeted stun and then blink strike will combo nicely with someone like rhasta to shacke afterwards. His ulti is just rape and crits are just ftw really.
Stankey
Stankey
Chieftan

Back to top Go down

Post  DR Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:13 pm

I thought the whole let the creep fight till it dies was standard chen play.... ? O_o
Occasionally i try to jungle a big creep and pull at the same time though or other strange stuff.
he wud enchant a creep, but just let it attack until it died and enchant another one, rather then taking a bit of the damage himself, so your creep can last longer (putting your own hp regen to some use).

I just reread that and I'm absolutely sure that posting that early in the morning has affected what your trying to say. Your saying that genki would take 1 hit or two, which means his natural regen is put to use, then let the enchanted creep to fight till it dies. ? or Have i got it wrong?

CM + undying is kind of risky as two picks, although dpeneds on your other picks though... I think you woudl need to pull initially with undying since 1 zombie is so weak, and have high mana cost.

Panda blinks in claps, ults, stuns/ cyclones, attacks heroes, then approx 15-19 seconds later claps again or blinks clap. At least thats the supposed initiation theory that doesnt let him die.

DR
Shaman

Back to top Go down

Post  Stankey Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:13 pm

well what i said makes sense if you read it lol. You can do it either way, but i tend to let my creep tank, and when it gets red i pull it back and i tank, so instead of having a dead creep and me tanking, i have a live creep (doing dmg) and me tanking
Stankey
Stankey
Chieftan

Back to top Go down

Post  DR Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:16 pm

er... but isn't that dangerous if you want to gank someone? being lower hp and all.

DR
Shaman

Back to top Go down

Post  Stankey Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:58 pm

yes lol, but you dont get yourself down to red or anything. I mean if you have headress already or are working on your mekansm, your gna have some regen, why not use it?
Stankey
Stankey
Chieftan

Back to top Go down

Post  DR Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:28 pm

Err.... if you want to stay at optimal hp (which is clsoe to full) you'd basically only take a hit every now and so. Depends on how much damage u expect to take in ganking, I'd always assume almost full, so hmmmm.... I tend to find that sometimes u want the creep to die, so u can persuade a better/full hp one to go gank someone. So meeeh?! Razz

DR
Shaman

Back to top Go down

Post  Deja.Voo Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:02 am

Ontopic: I would normally not even consider undying short of my trying an obscure push strat and chen/brood/enchant/pugna/leshy/lycan/necrolyte/sillybear/pitlord/kotl/pirate/phatom lancer had been banned. I was just trying to think of something that would work well in terms of luna because shes an amazing carry and when you put her in a team fight its similar to lich you want pretty much only heroes up so that your ulti is doing the max amount of damage it can so that trail of thought lead me to plague + beam being rather hurt although you'd probably have to combine it with some other aoe like i said to wipe out the chance of your beams being wasted on creeps. Just off the top of my head a suggested lineup might be Luna solo Undying jungle Maggy solo then something like Queen of Pain/Pitlord? not an unheard of lane really. But yea personally I think undying is pretty rubbish and not worth picking just because hes a melee hero without a hell of a lot to offer really you're better off getting something like brood to replace him which gives you more push and a good semi-carry/carry and brood is quite capable of jungling if need be however it barely ever happens now. I did see a game where rush3D had undying solo mid...in the same game they also had dark seer jungle...if memory serves it didn't go to well for them.
Deja.Voo
Deja.Voo
Shaman

Back to top Go down

Post  DR Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:53 am

Imo, you need luna to have a dagger + bkb. You then need blink es, or 2 heroes that can wipe all creeps out together immediately.

The dream "luna " team is es, luna, lich, jug (insert random hero here). Well thats actually more for fun than anything but the heroes target concept only is funny.

DR
Shaman

Back to top Go down

Post  Deja.Voo Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:40 pm

Not too sure why you've got jugga...but if its for fun then yea I understand however I'm thinking also although I like blink on Luna it does sorta hurt her a bit in terms of items casue that 2150 could be spent towards your bkb or a hotd and it doesn't seem needed if you've got an ES to intiate, cause he'd blnink in and ulti then fissure and while everything is stunned luna can just walk into the fight and press "E" but thats my thoughts. I'm thinking oyu wanted Jugga just so omni hits everything as well but then I'd probably lane him with Lich and give ES another partner like puck or lina maybe. Having said this my idea behind this was that hopeflly it wiould inclue new heroes like undying and there isn't much new with es lich luna :S. But D_R I'd like your thoughts on getting a witch doctor into a lineup that works because personally I really like the hero but its hard to fit him into anything with out him feeding as hes sorta aimed as soon as a teamfight starts. Also hes not that difficult to gank...still curse rapes face
Deja.Voo
Deja.Voo
Shaman

Back to top Go down

Post  DR Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:49 pm

Ummmm, omni, witch doc, es + whatever else really. I'm not a fan of witch doctor. It more depends on what kind of playstyle your team has.

Dagger increases the time for bkb, etc. but you get all the gank espcaing + ganking opportunities with it, but thats a personal choice thing.

DR
Shaman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down